#1March 27th, 2012 · 04:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Something In The Sky
In collaboration with: cojo

This song is not in a battle

Started out as a simple idea of producing the same two chords in different positions on the guitar.  Colin who wrote the lyrics took extracts from my email I sent to him when I had the idea with just an acoustic guitar playing chords. I've left the very end, which was how I felt after a particular track -  it makes me smile

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 29th, 2012 · 03:44 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Nice and simple. It transports a peaceful mood. Everything´s  recorded clearly.
The only thing I don´t like (genarally) are "two-chord-compositions". But in this case it was intended for a quick recording, so I turn a blind eye on this.  

U.L.I.
#3March 30th, 2012 · 03:38 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Something in the sky that leaves you feeling down ? .... Rain !    
What a lovely simple song ... very raw and real but not in a rough sense at all.

.... and the bus stops ..... very cool.
#4March 30th, 2012 · 07:22 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Something in the sky that leaves you feeling down ? .... Rain !    
What a lovely simple song ... very raw and real but not in a rough sense at all.

.... and the bus stops ..... very cool.

"Something in the sky that leaves you feeling down ? .... Rain !"  - When I emailed Colin with the demo, I said in the email I was feeling a bit down and put it down to it being something in the Air.....- he took other extracts form my email, thus creating the lyrics for the song. and here we have it, "Something In The Sky"
#5April 19th, 2012 · 03:01 PM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
Very nice song. Love the harmonies in the voices. The quitar has a background role, but it's varied enough to be interesting to focus on. Well done. Harmonicly it's a bit simple, of course. But I do feel you guys make up for it in  melodic interest. I was pleasantly surpriced, since I enjoy more intriqed harmonies usualy.
#6April 19th, 2012 · 03:18 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jupiler wrote…
Very nice song. Love the harmonies in the voices. The quitar has a background role, but it's varied enough to be interesting to focus on. Well done. Harmonicly it's a bit simple, of course. But I do feel you guys make up for it in  melodic interest. I was pleasantly surpriced, since I enjoy more intriqed harmonies usualy.
Yeah it was an experiment to see how interesting I could make a simple song - amazing what you can do with simple ideas
It was inspired by this song that achieved No 1 in the UK charts

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 7:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.