1 2

#1August 3rd, 2005 · 11:58 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Running Away
Score: 68.2%
Battle: 2005-08

A sad meloncholy number. Revised the previous persiona dn removed some of the distortion and noise.

Lyrics:

And I know that you're there,
But I am afraid to reach out for you,
Cause I know if I do,
You'd just fade away in gloom.
I just feel so unreal,
That I'm constantly running away,
Running away, Running away,
I am just constantly running away.

When the moon stops to shine,
When the sun begins to rise,
In that plae morning light,
I see your face in the skies.
So I greive and sing this song,
Just to tell you I am still here,
Waiting on holding on,
To these bonds of despair.

If I could I'd let me go,
But I'm bounded by my whims.
My crime was I fell in love,
Now I am paying for my sins.

And I don't know myself,
I feel like I am somebody else,
I'm the ghost of a past,
I'd rather be in than present.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 3rd, 2005 · 12:05 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
India
Sounds much better , but that 'hall effect' of your vocals has to be improved or re-recorded somehow . Guitars are much better this time .
#3August 3rd, 2005 · 12:14 PM
18 posts
United States of America
good song
This is certainly a well written song.  Perhaps more experience with recording would bring it out.  I don't know if I agree with all the effects (both vox and g-tar).  Also, i don't know that I can support that second to last note there, man.

peace
#4August 4th, 2005 · 12:37 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I really like this song...much better recorded this time! The dynamics of your voice are still too much, though. A powerful voice like yours really needs a compressor!

Guitar is still too muffled, and vocal reverb is far too pronounced imho. That keyboard sounds ugly and yah that second to last note is painful.

Still, I think this song is fantastic and very emotional - I've listened to it quite a few times. I would really love to see it with the recording/production job it deserves. Would probably all be solved by a decent microphone/preamp and a few simple plugins.
#5August 4th, 2005 · 04:29 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
26 posts
United States of America
good lyrics
to be very honest, i dont really know how to rate this song because i cant hear much of it.  the effects are so loud that your voice rings and drowns everything else out. 

sounds like a decent chord progression and the little solos arent bad, but again the effects just ring and makes it very hard to hear.

i agree with jkomdl that the last note is a little harsh, probably not in the right key, but can be easily changed in another recording of this song.

i do really like the lyrics though.  i wish i could hear them in the song though without having to read them to understand.

id say give this song another recording and it could be a good song, just tone down all the effects and show us what you really have in there.  let the instrument and voice talk, not the effects.
#6August 6th, 2005 · 10:05 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
lyrics are fine but sound is awful. sorry for this great talent!
#7August 14th, 2005 · 10:03 AM
19 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
Canada
Some Nirvana Acoustic ???
Dude it sounds like Kurt Cobain is playing a live acoustic song...or an old Beatles song....Man this is a modern world...change Ur thing...there r so many advanced techniques to record...to edit...and stuff
But lemme tell u that Ur piece and Ur vocals are awesome...excellent in fact...
and it Wu b better if u change the hall effect...and let the vocals come out raw...
Sorry for the bad comments...but its just for your benefit and improvisations...
thanks
#8August 21st, 2005 · 10:34 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Nah, don't be sorry. I know the recording sucks. I am really bad at it. Still I learn new stuff everytime I record a new song, well thats got to be good.
#9August 21st, 2005 · 05:58 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
you have a great voice man.
#10August 22nd, 2005 · 04:51 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
All the same, I'd love to hear this one recorded again (I think I've already said that...)
#11August 25th, 2005 · 08:34 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
34 posts
United Kingdom
Karoeke in a church hall, anyone?
#12August 25th, 2005 · 01:02 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Yeh, I'm slow to catch on - apologies for the ignorance of my last post -  I wrote it without listening to the track or reading everything before - I thought it was still the same recording. Anyway so this is a clearer recording, but well theres no point in repeating what everyone says. What hit me first was the vocal effect, then I thought the overall sound was a bit muffled.

It's still a great song though, that much is obvious, definately worth persuing a better recording at some point!
#13August 26th, 2005 · 07:47 AM
12 threads / 12 songs
38 posts
United States of America
re:sugar me up
what a swell tune   good produciton values   air quality
#14August 29th, 2005 · 06:00 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
Australia
I dun really like it. I dont like the hall effect, or the constant high pitches. Don't mean to be rude. Just my personal opinion.
#15September 1st, 2005 · 01:09 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Thanks for all your inputs critical or otherwise. This was the first song I ever recorded. I have a tendency of pressing on the reverb too much. I know the recording quality sucks but my equipment is horrible. I have a mike which cost me 50 Rs. i.e. about 1$. So you know. And yes I knwo the constant coming and going high pitches are a pain to the ears, but I am sure if recorded well they will sound good. But seriously you people have a lot of patience if you can up with crap like this, thanks.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.