#1March 21st, 2012 · 04:59 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Barcarole (for Kit)

This song is not in a battle

I've trying to get back in to writing classical music. This is a rough draft of a barcarole I've been wanting to finish for a while, I'm not quite done but it's starting to stand on it's own (though it's still quite short). It's loosely inspired by Julia Florida (incidentally the only barcarole know and a gorgeous piece... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-7pelKGwqA). Bacaroles are Venetian love songs sung by gondoliers, though they don't necessary have words. They were songs men wrote to woo women on boats, because after all, isn't that why we all got into music? Unfortunately I don't have sea-legs...

Thanks for listening.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 23rd, 2012 · 03:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The recording could be better, there's a noise hiss all the way through.
But what a lovely piece ... I'm so totally being wooed on a boat !
#3March 30th, 2012 · 03:33 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
A very beautiful, romantic composition. Not easy to play, I guess. 
As Kings said, it needs an adequate and proper recording.

U.L.I.
#4April 20th, 2012 · 05:11 AM
7 threads / 4 songs
32 posts
Netherlands
Very sooting piece! I love romantic quitar writing. I have a CD with bach transcriptions for quitar. Realy beautiful... 

You're a good quitarist. I think the timing is a bit off here and there and the recording could be better, but I realy enjoyed it!
#5April 28th, 2012 · 02:57 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Very romantic lovely piece....... playing  & expression really excellent but that  BG sound  is a distraction tho.
Thanks for posting

Good show Jupiler

#6April 28th, 2012 · 05:10 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Barcarole
DTF wrote…
I've trying to get back in to writing classical music. This is a rough draft of a barcarole I've been wanting to finish for a while, I'm not quite done but it's starting to stand on it's own (though it's still quite short). It's loosely inspired by Julia Florida (incidentally the only barcarole know and a gorgeous piece... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-7pelKGwqA). Bacaroles are Venetian love songs sung by gondoliers, though they don't necessary have words. They were songs men wrote to woo women on boats, because after all, isn't that why we all got into music? Unfortunately I don't have sea-legs...

Thanks for listening.

yep a boating song ..................... smooth ........... rolling..........you are getting there most definitely........i think the sections you have are fine ...........repeat them perhaps to extend the performance time ........a good idea is always worth hearing again ............ one more section to add a bit of variety and your back home in the boathouse!!!!

lovely

barca fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 1:41 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.