#1August 3rd, 2005 · 11:55 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Rooh

This song is not in a battle

A little upbeat and uptempo number than my usual stuff.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 3rd, 2005 · 01:09 PM
7 threads / 3 songs
47 posts
United Kingdom
hmmm
im sure it was a cool song, unfortunately the sound quality was so bad i couldnt really tell, u need to sort your recording equipment out my friend.
#3August 4th, 2005 · 12:51 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
You write some really chilled stuff man, really needs a decent recording to do it justice! I can recommend a checklist:

Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Soundcard - $75
Shure SM-57 + stand + XLR cable - $120
ART Studio V3 valve preamp - $100
Krystal Audio Engine - $0
Plugins - $0

Creative Audigy 2 ZS is a great general use soundcard that actually has a good frequency response and signal-to-noise ratio for recording, as well as offering full 96khz/24bit and good latency. You are gonna find that this performs better in a general use PC than something  based on the Envy24HT (such as the M-Audio Revolution) - and is just as good for recording. Bear in mind that Creative own E-Mu

Shure SM-57 is the legendary 'cheap and versatile' dynamic mic that will allow you to effectively record both vocals and guitar etc.

A decent preamp inline between microphone and soundcard is essential to boost the signal with minimal noise and add warmth. I have an ART Studio V3 and it is great for the cash.

Krystal Audio Engine I don't use myself but its free so... Alternatively, consider picking up a copy of Cubasis for simple audio/MIDI recording. I'm sure you can find plenty of free plugins for compression, eq, reverb etc.

It's up to you man...but a decent recording setup for under $300 is well worth shelling out for. Otherwise you are just letting yourself down because you write some cool songs.

Peace
#4August 10th, 2005 · 11:00 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Thanks but  300 dollars is a lot of money for me. I don't even have guitar right now. As soon as get some money the first thing I want to do is get a decent Electric. But thanks for the advice.
#5October 6th, 2005 · 06:59 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Good to see someone else in the same budget situation as myself here.  My setup is quite simple and costs a total of maybe 150 $ equivalent if you discount uncessary equipment and the computer.  Either way man, considering you don't have a guitar at the min, good job with the recording.
#6October 8th, 2005 · 12:38 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Thanks
#7October 10th, 2005 · 04:48 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
hmm... actually I think in his situation the better idea would still be a Chaintech AV-710 cuz it's only $30

anyway, i'm not sure what was meant by "general use" because in general use my Envy24 chipset is fabulous - the only thing extra that you get with the creative cards (to my knowlege) is better gaming support... the revolution and the chaintech both support 7.1 surround sound and they've got incredibly wide sound stages for the price... i couldn't be happier with my Envy chipset and I'm not getting paid to say that either

then when you start talking about recording, the M-Audio stuff is great, and that's not what you'd call general use either... the M-Audio cards have zero latency monitoring which the creative cards do not (yeah the emu have them but they're also pretty expensive)... the chaintech doesn't have it either... but whatever... as far as the ultra budget card... you won't find a better card than the chaintech for $30 combined with a behringer mixer for $35 and an el-cheapo mic like this one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/s=mics/search/detail/base_pid/277516/

the Nady SP-4C and you're golden... who needs a mic stand just hold the sucker or build one yourself or rest it on the edge of a table... and there you have a full setup for $85 dollars which will rival whatever you've got easily and without any problems... the nady mic might be a POS but I guarantee it'll sound better than what you've got now and it's only $10 AND it comes with a cable so you don't have anything to loose by trying it out and all the reviews say that it sounds OK and being a peice of pro-audio gear, no matter how inexpensive - it'll blow away your "computer voice-microphone" any day. oh and you probably don't even NEED a sound card because your computer probably has one but you're just not using it right... get the mixer and the mic... $45 total and then plug the mixer into the LINE IN on your computer NOT the "mic jack" but the LINE IN jack on your computer and it'll sound great compared to what you've got and it'll be super cheap.

anyway, enough recording gear babble - the song was... uhh... ok i guess - as someone else said it's kind hard to enjoy cuz the quality is so bad but i can hear some potential in there. your voice is very nice in spots and I can tell you know how to use it but it isn't as well trained as it could be... the chords are rather plain but that's not really a bad thing, you can make any chords sound good if you do it right... whatever other instrument that was - probably a solo electric guitar - was horribly out of tune... definitely need to work on that

anyway i kinda liked it but I'd REALLY like to hear you do a song with gear that's at least half way decent. then we could get a good idea of what you can do with your music.
#8September 24th, 2006 · 09:34 AM
20 posts
United States of America
Dont mean to go simon on you but crikey mate that was bad. I wont go into details what you need to do i think you know. Keep workin at it practice practice practice and then post when it sounds good
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.