#1March 7th, 2012 · 12:31 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Get on your knees (demo)

This song is not in a battle

"Get on your knees and crawl"

A song I'm working on. I haven't recorded neither the second verse nor the ending (which comes after the bridge you will here last).

Any feedback on the mix is welcome.

Cheers.

> Ish

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 7th, 2012 · 02:10 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Love the Intro

Bass very nice tone as with lead guitar and the Hammond, drums sound a little flat as with your vox, they only need minor tweaks.

Making of yet another great track
#3March 8th, 2012 · 03:59 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yo yo. I see that baby growing. 
Well, here my impressions and recomms:
First of all I must assert that you´re the man for the "70s-sounds". You´re just born 30 yrs too late.  

Mix:Nearly perfect by now. (at this stage).
Chant:Much better than on the first version. You added a second (unison) voice at one part. Have you tried out a countering voice? Perhaps you can add a backing voice only on a few spots.(one or two words) to give it more accentuation. Many pros are working this way.
I´d add a bit more treble to the vox. That makes the lyrics clearer.
Drums: Yes , bassdrum is too low . The whole drumkit needs also a bit more treble. Not much, just minor tweaks.

Laud: The hammond solo is great. Wooah!! Git solo-sound at 3:30 is fantastic. Crazy. 

That´s my ideas so far

U.L.I.
#4March 8th, 2012 · 02:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thank you guys. I think you both are right: the vocals and the drums need a little tweaking so I will work on them. ULI's advice of adding a bit more treble will work, I think.

Cheers!

> Ish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 6:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.