1 2

#1March 5th, 2012 · 04:25 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Cruising

This song is not in a battle

Itīs a few months ago since I worked on a new piece. Thisone I started working last summer, but after a while of listlessnes and a lack of motivation I continued the work and finished it the past couple of days.
Intenionally I had some vox / chant in my mind but then I decided to leave it as an instrumental (as usual) .
Hope you enjoy.

U.L.I.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 5th, 2012 · 08:48 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
It feels like cruising,..
Traveling,..by train/car/boat,..
Like repetitive movements
Or in the somewhat bigger context: live is like a travel,..
And this piece of music i  associate with that.
Thanx good job
#3March 6th, 2012 · 04:52 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice Bass, interesting tones and notes - ULI style
Sounds a little over compressed, or it may be just the drums over compressed come to think of it.
It's very complete, you did well putting it together -  you must have put a lot of work into it.

The only thing I would consider changing is the the Lead keyboard sound, and slighly less effect on the rhythm guitar.

Well done U.L.I. :    -  Great work
#4March 6th, 2012 · 08:56 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Loved the bass sound.
The melodic line was a bit messy which made me lose the hook in some points.
I really like the way you mix those synth sounds. It gives it a kinda '80-ish vibe to the music which I really enjoy. Also I like the fusion influences here.

> Ish
#5March 8th, 2012 · 04:48 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hey guys, thanks for your comments.

@ Volt: Glad youīre associating the same as I do and that you like it.

@ Denis: Iīm usually using moderate compression ratios (2:1-3:1). But the drumkit I chose is called "Dry Kit".
And thatīs how it sounds: very tight and dry. Perhaps is this the reason for your "overcompressed" imprerssion.
Yes, the rhythm git: Iīm also not completely happy with the sound and I think about playing it again without effects. It sounded great when I recorded it and as long there were only drums and bass as a backing group. But the more complex the piece becomes the less the git fits the allover sound.

@ Iszil: Seems Iīm the man for the "80s-revival-sounds". Actually itīs not my intention to create a special 80s-feeling. But it happens somehow. When Iīm searching for a sound on my keyboard I donīt look for "explicid" 80s sounds. Somewhen I find a sound I like and then I use it. And at the end it becomes a
"Miami-vice-remembrance-revival-resurrection"-Something. I suppose it happens unconsciously.  
#6May 20th, 2012 · 08:01 PM
1 threads
73 posts
United States of America
oh please, let us have the vox chant, too, please!  As usual -- love the guitar, the synth - blah - for my ear, but that's just me.  Love the ride!
#7July 6th, 2012 · 05:27 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
It's cool. nice and chilled out. I think the orchestration and the production especially are top class. I love the melding of all the different sounds/instruments, really well mixed and played. The slap bass is cool. Is that a keyboard or guitar? Some of the sounds aren't to my taste but they suit the style of the track so can't complain.

I certainly get a sense of your passion for production, not only from the recent thread on studio monitors but also when to this... It's def what stands out for me on this track.

Nice work

Ian
#8July 8th, 2012 · 03:00 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hi Ian, hi CdeT, tnx for your review / listening.  Glad you like it .

IanS wrote…
The slap bass is cool. Is that a keyboard or guitar?

Itīs a bass guitar.
#9July 11th, 2012 · 04:46 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
Those drums are funky.  The production is really well done on this. Personally not a huge fan of the skippy synth but it still sounds really good! The phaser on the guitar was a nice touch.
Good Job!
#10July 12th, 2012 · 03:00 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thank you, Gar, for your listen.
Hope it animates to drive through beautiful landscapes on a sunshiny day.

U.L.I.
#11July 12th, 2012 · 02:19 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Uli you got some skillz on that freaking bass and the sound is awesome...you totally have a unique sound and composition style my friend..good job and tx for sharing!
#12July 15th, 2012 · 05:48 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
I love it!  Don't really need the synth parts but it does fill it out a bit to take place of the lyrics.  I could see myself writing lyrics to this and singing and sounding half decent, hahaha.  I like the cruising feeling, something how riding a motorcycle down the highway looking for a lost love or something along that line.  Excellent feeling!
#13July 16th, 2012 · 11:54 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
the song doesnt get me, but the sounds man! the sounds do!

maybe it would be nice to cut up the guitarsound in sections, starting dry, and get that chorus in where it fits?
cause there are places that it fits well to me..
#14July 17th, 2012 · 03:28 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hey guys, thanks for your positive feedback.

@Max: When I worked on this I had the same idea about the gitsounds (effect or dry) but then I left it as it was. Didnīt want it sounding too various.

Main thing is giving you listeners that "cruise feeling". (which wonīt come up this cold, rainy central european summer)   ................17°C ........................brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
#15July 18th, 2012 · 05:40 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Cruising
ULI wrote…
Itīs a few months ago since I worked on a new piece. Thisone I started working last summer, but after a while of listlessnes and a lack of motivation I continued the work and finished it the past couple of days.
Intenionally I had some vox / chant in my mind but then I decided to leave it as an instrumental (as usual) .
Hope you enjoy.

U.L.I.
bass awesome as ever .......but whole thing just doesn't push/excite enough for me .........u one fine bass player
overall feeling probably a reflection of production time ...process???.......its all a bit locked in??

its a five star bandamp piece.........

how long since we looked at guide to rating songs???

i give it 5*
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 4:00 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.