#1February 29th, 2012 · 02:48 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Is There Something (Demo)

This song is not in a battle

Very first mix of a new song from my band.

Tips about how to improve the mix would be great!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 29th, 2012 · 04:59 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like your new stuff Pete - Really suites your voice - New band Right??

Intro has a Great full sound, but when the verse starts it sounds empty, simply because the Bass guitar tone is not strong enough - The Bass is the foundation, it's what supports the band.

How are you recording the Bass guitar, it's very hard to record live - Do a google search or similar and get tips - Sounds like you are recording live?
I know some use a combination of taking a DI from the Bass amp and micing, then mix the two separate channels and play around with it until you get a full sound.

Overall Pete I think you will go down well live - The music has great raw energy - The ladies are gonna love you, but don't tell your girlfriend I told you that
#3March 1st, 2012 · 12:27 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Your voice fits AMAZING with this new stuff you've been doing!!!!! I love it! Very punk rockish.  And I love the effects you use between verses and everything. That was really cool to hear. Man, I leave for a few months and bandAMP just continues to become more and more amazing. Awesome job! I wish I could give you tips about mixing, but I need help with mixing as well lol. It sounds really great though. Love it!
#4March 1st, 2012 · 06:07 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
I like your new stuff Pete - Really suites your voice - New band Right??

Intro has a Great full sound, but when the verse starts it sounds empty, simply because the Bass guitar tone is not strong enough - The Bass is the foundation, it's what supports the band.

How are you recording the Bass guitar, it's very hard to record live - Do a google search or similar and get tips - Sounds like you are recording live?
I know some use a combination of taking a DI from the Bass amp and micing, then mix the two separate channels and play around with it until you get a full sound.

Overall Pete I think you will go down well live - The music has great raw energy - The ladies are gonna love you, but don't tell your girlfriend I told you that ;)

Awesome, thanks Denis! I'm not mixing or recording myself, our guitarist does it.. but I'll be sure to pass your comments along to him . We've played 1 small live show so far, have an acoustic set tomorrow night too, with a few more gigs booked in the future! We're at an unusual time for me because we have 5 songs that we've wrote and that we play live, but only 2 of them have been recorded! With my solo stuff I'm used to writing a song, then recording it straight away.. then that's it. It's all good fun though, I'd love to do this full time one day.

Oh.. and I don't have a girlfriend any more... hence the new topics / stories in my songs, but this will be a good thing

TheKunadiun wrote…
Your voice fits AMAZING with this new stuff you've been doing!!!!! I love it! Very punk rockish.  And I love the effects you use between verses and everything. That was really cool to hear. Man, I leave for a few months and bandAMP just continues to become more and more amazing. Awesome job! I wish I could give you tips about mixing, but I need help with mixing as well lol. It sounds really great though. Love it! :razz:

Thanks so much man! I'll keep writing new stuff like this! This is only the first few months of being together as a band.. so hopefully we can keep improving!
#5March 5th, 2012 · 03:19 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
This is a strong, powerful rocksong. Well thought-out, structured, played. and sung
But I agree with Denis about the bass. Itīs too low in the mix, so that a fundament is lacking in this (otherwise)
well mixed production.

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.