#1February 26th, 2012 · 05:25 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
Button - V.2

This song is not in a battle

A better recording overall, and with some vocals (Which are still a work in progress).

I'm not sure exactly what the lyrics are, otherwise I'd post them. Maybe in the next revision.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 27th, 2012 · 01:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This song has potential - it has an originality of it's own.
Your sister singing right - You should mention her name.

The recording is nice and clear, but I'm going to suggest some changes in the mix that will improve it even more.

The Bass drum rhythm is not matching your guitar rhythm in many parts, I would try and just keep it straight on the beat, the percussive parts are supply the subtle rhythms, you could even go a bit crazy on the percussive parts where appropriate.

Try panning you rhythm/lead guitar and percussion.

So what are you thinking of doing in the next revision?

Nice work
#3February 27th, 2012 · 04:22 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the input! Oh, and happy birthday!

Which parts are you talking about with the guitar? I know there are a couple spots I'm off, but I didn't think there was a spot that didn't fit with the drums (When played properly).

I'll definitely try panning the guitar and drums and see what that does for it.

For the next revision, definitely more singing. We might try playing with a metronome as well, just to get the tempo perfect. I was thinking too that we should extend the outro another four measures, I think it could use it.
#4February 28th, 2012 · 09:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
AfterBirth wrote…

Which parts are you talking about with the guitar? I know there are a couple spots I'm off, but I didn't think there was a spot that didn't fit with the drums (When played properly).

For the next revision, definitely more singing. We might try playing with a metronome as well, just to get the tempo perfect. I was thinking too that we should extend the outro another four measures, I think it could use it.

Guitar is fine, it's just the Bass Drum, sounds OK at 1.40 - 2.25 , I feel at 2.25 the the bass drum should be driving the rhythm, straight beat. This is just my opinion, it's your song, go with what you feel.
#5February 29th, 2012 · 04:23 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Really really like.
Vocals are sublime ... love the vibrato that pops out sometimes

love the randomness of it all, love the minimalism of it's completeness, a lovely rhythm and excellent percussion, very stark sounds yet flowing beautifully

I do like this kind of finger work on the guitar  !

This one is off to my Favs cheers  
#6February 29th, 2012 · 05:24 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
AfterBirth wrote…

Guitar is fine, it's just the Bass Drum, sounds OK at 1.40 - 2.25 , I feel at 2.25 the the bass drum should be driving the rhythm, straight beat. This is just my opinion, it's your song, go with what you feel. ;)

I know what you mean now, we'll try experimenting changing up the drum beat at that point. I'm sure he'd be interested in changing it up any way. Thanks again!
#7February 29th, 2012 · 05:25 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Really really like.
Vocals are sublime ... love the vibrato that pops out sometimes

love the randomness of it all, love the minimalism of it's completeness, a lovely rhythm and excellent percussion, very stark sounds yet flowing beautifully

I do like this kind of finger work on the guitar  

This one is off to my Favs cheers

Awesome! Thanks for the compliments, I'll be sure to extend them to my sister and her husband!
#8February 29th, 2012 · 07:44 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounds good to me...although something in the guitars sounds rushed....I like your sisters voice and I agree...credit due to those involved!!! Good good track overall and tons of potential..I hear reggae in there which is always a plus!
#9February 29th, 2012 · 07:53 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
United States of America
Marino wrote…
Sounds good to me...although something in the guitars sounds rushed....I like your sisters voice and I agree...credit due to those involved!!! Good good track overall and tons of potential..I hear reggae in there which is always a plus!

The timing isn't quite perfect, so I think that's why it sounds weird in places (I hear it too). So I want to try playing with a metronome next time to get it perfect.

The chorus does have a reggae vibe, I play the off beat with the guitar so I think that's what's doing it.
#10March 5th, 2012 · 02:42 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
That git-theme is pretty compelling in combination with the tablas. And the vox is very clear and clean.
The reviewers above have already mentioned the timing-and mixing-issues so that I donīt have to do.
But this are just minor adjustments. Your musicality remains untouched by that.

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 2:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.