#1January 19th, 2012 · 11:46 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
United States of America
Made in the Shade

This song is not in a battle

one of my first mixes, would like to keep it instrumental but if someone hears lyrics for it in your head please share. more studio magic for this ...stop record, stop record etc. but i'm really happy with the end product

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 20th, 2012 · 03:10 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hello and welcome to the amp.
Good debut here, freedomslaves. Ya track has a nice flow, is well constructed /composed and clearly mixed.
Is a bit like a "springtime soundtrack". I imagine pictures of driving with a cabrio through beautiful, sunny landscapes, golden shining fields, riding along blue shimmering lakes.
Yip, good soundtrack for a nature-docu on TV.

U.L.I.
#3January 20th, 2012 · 08:06 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
United States of America
Thank you ULI for the comment. what you imagine is exactly what images go through my head as well. 
#4January 20th, 2012 · 01:13 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like it when the Piano takes the lead at around 1.36
You could add more melody to the other parts to complete the composition.

Nice feel, enjoyed the listen
#5January 20th, 2012 · 01:20 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I'm really into this, a very fresh sound, a breath of fresh air ... light, sunny, cool .... made in the shade ! lol
I like your poetry a lot.

The piano takes the tune in the mid section, so no vocal ...  and there's a lot of 'tune' to the rest too so a vocal would be competing.

It could just be that I've read your name but I get a 'George Michael - Freedom' feel, popish, light, running free, a lot of strumming and high end.

So far only two songs uploaded ... off to listen to your other.

A warm welcome to bandAMP .... have you found it yet ?
#6January 24th, 2012 · 06:46 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hi

gotta agree about vocals, there is no room for them anymore. And what's wrong with this staying instrumental? it's good as it is. indeed brings a lot of images to mind, a mix between nature scenes and daily life in towns and cities viewed from above... where nature and mankind blend well together for a change

nice track all in all, though I would like to say I liked the drum sounds least, a bit more funky sounds would seem more fitting, it would give the track a retro edge.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 9:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.