#1January 13th, 2012 · 03:19 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
"Another jam in the wall"

This song is not in a battle

Seems lately I am mostly providing lead guitar input (ideas) to various tracks. So here's another one - fully improvised, hence the few glitches here and there.
Hope you'll enjoy it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 13th, 2012 · 04:24 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Nothing wrong with practicing / providing lead git playing. Best way to improve ones soloing- and improvisation skills is jamming around to such "playalongs".
What I did much in the past (and I´m still doing sometimens) was jamming to the music I was currently listening to. No matter which style it was.
This is an effective method to learn improvising and finding melodies spontaniously.
Right, there was a couple of glitches (of course), but the git tone is really nice, full, rich.

Keep on jamming

U.L.I.
#3January 13th, 2012 · 02:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nothing like a good old jam to get the juices flowing..... eh

I second the tone on your guitar, very pleasing to the ears.

If you want one little tip, it is to work on your bends and  hammer ons, this is what seperates us to other guitarists and gives you your own style. Just in case you don't know this already when you pull up on your ring finger trying to slowly raise the note and add vibrato, support it with your middle and index finger, then you have maximum control. Just one long bend with vibrato can make a song.

We're Jamming, I hope you like jamming to - We're jamming in the name of the Lord. (God I love those lines - Mr Reggae legend Bob Marley - God rest his soul, or bring him back)
#4January 14th, 2012 · 10:06 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very good Jam..Digging the tone on that guitar....Real thick and warm!!!!
#5January 14th, 2012 · 06:29 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
god when i hear stuff like this my mind is blown. How do you play such things? me being a rythmic guitar player this is beyond me. Even if I sat down for months learning scales and notation i still wouldnt be able to pull that off anything close to that. Guess we all learn differently which is we all play differently too! Impressive sound. Had just the right amount of distortion to be a little gritty but not unclean with all the power behind it.
#6January 14th, 2012 · 11:03 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Good stuff!

When everything kicks in ~ 1:00 or so, it sounds awesome man.

Drums sound nice too. I usually just focus on the guitar but the drum sound here (particularly the toms and the cymbals) are mixed very well.
#7January 16th, 2012 · 02:23 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Nice sound you got there. Rock ballads are certainly not something I make myself, but I can appreciate it when executed well - and this is executed well (apart from it having no vocals :P)

cool stuff, keep at it!
#8January 18th, 2012 · 02:00 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
Thanks for the good words and giving it a listen.

Denis - thanks for the note  - that is how I am doing it, however, from time to time I prefer slightly under/over bent notes - they have a different flavor and give different feeling - mater of taste, I guess:)
Plus that this being fully improvised - there are indeed few or more glitches
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.