#1January 11th, 2012 · 01:27 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Judas Cover

This song is not in a battle

some early Judas Priest song , parts of it though, and horns aren't original ;p
Dont know the name, anyway just for fun..
love that horns VST

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 11th, 2012 · 02:29 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice work Max, I love the Bass, it's so rich.
Sounds like a hard piece to play, hence your timing goes off a little, but not too much

Thanks for sharing..
#3January 12th, 2012 · 09:51 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
indeed a struggle with the click, not because its so hard, just had to play slower then i used to, but i will redo that later, just made this in one day, and i must have been deaf, its very bass heavy indeed :p
I think the song is named:
Dying to meet you, from the very unknown album Rocka'Rolla
Its not their usual heavy work though, some nice slow riffs and great vocals!
#4January 12th, 2012 · 11:05 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
indeed a struggle with the click, not because its so hard, just had to play slower then i used to, but i will redo that later, just made this in one day, and i must have been deaf, its very bass heavy indeed :p
I think the song is named:
Dying to meet you, from the very unknown album Rocka'Rolla
Its not their usual heavy work though, some nice slow riffs and great vocals!

It's also harder to detect timing mistakes on faster music, or should I say easier to detect on slower music.
Personally I like the Bass as it is. 
#5January 12th, 2012 · 02:25 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Awesome..Good performance Max...Im big Judas fan....Hailz the man in leather!!! Horns up!!! m/>..
#6January 12th, 2012 · 02:30 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It does have a nice live / real feel to it. Probably the bass peeking.
You've been experimenting with amps and analogue sound .. yes ?
I do like the guitar and the synth / trombone?  together

I used to hate Judas Priest ... they looked gay ! But then all I knew was Braking the Law lol
They sounded gay too actually ! Yet today I can appreciate the music and vocals ... though I still think their gay!
#7January 12th, 2012 · 02:35 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
kings wrote…

I used to hate Judas Priest ... they looked gay ! But then all I knew was Braking the Law lol
They sounded gay too actually ! Yet today I can appreciate the music and vocals ... though I still think their gay!

Hahaha..Kings Rob(vocals) is gay...Actually very very much gay..but he is awesome!!!!!!
#8January 12th, 2012 · 03:58 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Lol @ Kings. Man you're cracking me up.

Great tune Max. For some reason it reminds me a little bit of earlier Cake, some of their slower waltzy type songs. Weird, I know.

Anyway, nice work!
#9January 12th, 2012 · 04:03 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Marino wrote…
kings wrote…

Hahaha..Kings Rob(vocals) is gay...Actually very very much gay..but he is awesome!!!!!!
LOL OK that explains it ! He really is ... hahaha ... I honestly never knew !
#10January 13th, 2012 · 07:15 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
gay metal
haha, actually he even invented that nowadays gay look with black leather and metal!
and all those rockers are wearing it, not knowing he got it all out of a sex shop whouhaaa

but the man can sing!
#11January 13th, 2012 · 11:58 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Ha , that sounds like early-mid-seventies-psychedelic stuff played in Amsterdamer clubs such as "Paradiso" or "Melkweeg" . (Dunno if they still exist). Iīd never get the idea itīs a Judas priest song. Itīs more "Krautrock"-like. Brings me back to my "silly-young-boy-age". ..........Luckily Iīm in my "silly-old-boy-age now.

Thankfully I have no clue of "Judas priest" (never liked that kind of evil-looking-posing-sounding attitudes), but this track seems not to be characteristical  for J.P.
What I didnīt like, sorry, was the synth-brass-section. Too plastic-ish (dunno how to say it), artificial, synthetic. 
Altogether itīs pure fun ( when I donīt have to junp around in leather ).

#12January 14th, 2012 · 08:35 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…

nope, all digital recorded guitars and vst bass, i think i am complimented by this
tnx mate

ULI wrote…
Ha , that sounds like early-mid-seventies-psychedelic stuff played in Amsterdamer clubs such as "Paradiso" or "Melkweeg" . (Dunno if they still exist). Iīd never get the idea itīs a Judas priest song. Itīs more "Krautrock"-like. Brings me back to my "silly-young-boy-age". ..........Luckily Iīm in my "silly-old-boy-age now.

Thankfully I have no clue of "Judas priest" (never liked that kind of evil-looking-posing-sounding attitudes), but this track seems not to be characteristical  for J.P.
What I didnīt like, sorry, was the synth-brass-section. Too plastic-ish (dunno how to say it), artificial, synthetic. 
Altogether itīs pure fun ( when I donīt have to junp around in leather ).

[]

tnx for listening and opinions  ULI, i agree a bit bout the horns in the high regions, lower i do like 'm..
actually i dont like JP neither, just this one album 'Rocka'Rolla :p
especially this song and 'Run to the mill', an epic which i like to perform one day too, except for that 10 minute solo i guess lol

and yes, Melkweg and Paradiso still exist

check this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSzN964QURE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4s9TXqyD8k&feature=related

we did thise songs with the earliest line up of U-Tow (RIP)

#13January 14th, 2012 · 08:46 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
brianvaughn wrote…
Lol @ Kings. Man you're cracking me up.

Great tune Max. For some reason it reminds me a little bit of earlier Cake, some of their slower waltzy type songs. Weird, I know.

Anyway, nice work!

tnx Brian!
checked some Cake out on youtube, never heard of them, likin it, but dont see any connection though ;p
#14January 14th, 2012 · 08:54 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I really love the 'horns' that come in at 1:22 and 2:32 .... with the bass and guitar .... it has a slight Moby feel to it ... it's so dramatic and drag queenish, it also remind me of a certain recurring scene in some Detective series ... cant think of name now. 

Then it is a compliment to your choice of samples and programming .. I really really like that bass....and it's a vst  !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.