#1January 5th, 2012 · 11:11 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
No, Say it

This song is not in a battle

Sometimes you want to hear something and you don't want to hear it. These lyrics came out of my own confusion regarding a relationship. Maybe a bit overly "emo" but I think the guitar sounds nice.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 5th, 2012 · 08:34 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
How do you record the guitar? I noticed that there are a couple different layers and I find it very professionally putted together. And I'm not talking about how difficult the playing itself is, but how everything fitted perfectly together. great job!
#3January 5th, 2012 · 10:09 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Hello. Thanks for the compliment on the song.

I love layering, vocals or guitar or synths. The way I tend to layer my guitars (at least more recently) is to setup 1-2 Guitar Rig groups for the rhythm guitar and then 1-2 for the leads. Each group consists of 2 channels, hard-panned left and right. For the rhythm guitars I normally record the same part twice (double track it) so it sounds a little thicker/fuller. For the leads I tend to play a part once and then harmonize with it on the second pass. I think that makes for a neat effect. (Maybe I think my leads would be a little boring without the harmonizing? I'm not much of a soloer.)

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking. Maybe?

If you're asking more about how I compose the parts so they fit together... I'm not sure how to answer that. I just play what comes to mind and kind of make it up as I go along. I used to sit down and write an entire song out, guitar and vocals, and *then* record it. Now I just press record and start playing... and kind of just build up a song as ideas come to mind.
#4January 5th, 2012 · 10:21 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Thanks man, because as you said your guitar thing sound really full, because I'm working on a song now, which is a little more elect guitar work and your's sounds nice so thanks for sharing!!
#5January 6th, 2012 · 10:34 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Can't believe your vocal tracks are pure records. There must be some electronic tools on it, right?
Otherwise you give a great performance with this piece. Ready for a career jump.
#6January 6th, 2012 · 10:47 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
@Triton Thank you

I usually double track my vocals, especially harmonies. So on this tune I have 4 vocal tracks going most of the time- 2x melody and 2x harmony (hard panned L/R). I have some EQ on the harmonies to boost the mids a bit and make them stand out, and then I do some reverb automating (using one of Cubase's built-in VSTs) during the chorus to make the drawn out words a little muddier (like "love come baaaaack").
#7January 6th, 2012 · 06:34 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: No, Say it
brianvaughn wrote…
Sometimes you want to hear something and you don't want to hear it. These lyrics came out of my own confusion regarding a relationship. Maybe a bit overly "emo" but I think the guitar sounds nice.

love your stuff..........

specially your voc as u know

this GREAT!!!!

but not pushin .... sounds like u concentratin on production instead of????EDGE??

just me

common fish ...like mackrel....very tasty but needs to be served up right
man u r a talent

or perhaps u go a new sonic direction??

fish
#8January 7th, 2012 · 12:10 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Hey fish man. Thanks for the kind and supportive words!

You're right in noticing that I wasn't "pushing" or edgey in this song. I'm actually recovering from a couple of weeks of a sinus infection that has moved down into my chest. My voice is still on the mend so I was really trying to hold back and not stress it too much.

Definitely focused more on the production- specifically the guitar and drum sounds. I think I'm really happy with the results I've been getting from drums and guitar lately, especially when I A/B it with some of what I recorded even just a year ago. I guess practice, practice, practice lol...

Anyway, thanks so much for the encouragement
#9January 8th, 2012 · 04:18 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
mix sounds perfect man, nice riffin too

that infection got me too, dont wanna listen loud now, be back later
'feverish chiver'
think i like the music better than the vox this time.., or do i always..
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.