#1December 2nd, 2011 · 05:43 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
a million

This song is not in a battle

miles to go to learn the blues, how does the strat sound?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 2nd, 2011 · 01:38 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds good, The drums sound GREAT.
You could perhaps add a Hammond organ in some parts, hence it sounds a bit empty, or sustain the rhythm guitar in some parts, or you could split the rhythm left and right and make one channel slightly out of time, it's, called the Haas Effect, around .3ms, not sure, just play around with it so that you can hear the separation and disired effect you want.

The only thing I'd recommend in your guitar lead is sustain some notes, play about with the bends and accents. Less is more IMO, phrases work well then rest for a bar or couple of notes, it gives your music brain time to feel the next notes.

On the whole this a great effort, I'd definitely work on your blues, the fundamentals are there, just needs tweaking here and there 
#3December 5th, 2011 · 08:40 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Max wrote…
how does the strat sound?
Stratissimo.   Full and clear. It makes great harmonics.

Max wrote…
miles to go to learn the blues
Yip.  You should practice some classical blues licks / phrases and the way of expression. In a few parts the soloing sounds like being a bit desorientated, unconfident. Like "not sure which note to play next".
I´m with Denis about adding a key / organ. Could fill up the "emptiness".  Might be a job for TK., hihihi 

U.L.I.
#4December 5th, 2011 · 09:56 AM
3 posts
United States of America
not bad
#5December 5th, 2011 · 04:58 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
tnx Denis and ULI, I never played blues, am working on it. Thats why I made this track.
strictly its a cover of Rory Gallagher btw.
A friend should do the organs, he didnt yet, of course TK is very welcome if has the time, or as a matter of fact, anyone is welcome as long as I didnt do it myself .
But think I better spend my time on guitar though 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 11:28 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.