#1November 24th, 2011 · 05:56 PM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
Luminous Lights

This song is not in a battle

Hey guys,

My band just finished recording our new EP, thought I would upload a song to see what you think.

This is probably my favourite song we've written. It was written about the struggle between drugs and soberity and trying to overcome the dark temptation.

I'd love to hear some feedback.

Cheers,
James

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 24th, 2011 · 05:59 PM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
For all you lovers of analogue note that it was recorded through a legit 70s analogue mixing desk and a lot of the vocals were recorded on tape.

#3November 25th, 2011 · 05:13 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Wow....Great arrangement, it sure keeps your attention waiting to see how the next change will take you.

Yes analogue is here to stay.  I would have liked the drums and vocals to be more up front, or just cut the guitars down a bit.

It's one of those songs that each time you play it you hear something different, it certainly deserves a few plays.

Well done guys 
#4November 26th, 2011 · 01:44 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
Thanks heaps man!

It's difficult trying to get the mix perfect hey and it sounds different depending on the speakers/headphones.

Mainly we were going for something a bit different, unconventional
#5November 27th, 2011 · 01:09 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
This is very enjoyable. Excellent!

I'm reminded of like... Hm... early Tool and Chevelle, or Octane Blue (local band from around here when I was younger). Great dynamics. I'm with Denis that it kept my attention and curiosity up, wondering what was coming next.

I'm also impressed by the lack of digital equipment in the recording process. Less room for cheating but you guys still got a wonderful sound.

Keep up the great work guys.
#6November 28th, 2011 · 09:00 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
Wow really reminds me of Tool. Enjoyed it !

I'm with Denis I think the guitars should be lowered a little.
#7November 28th, 2011 · 02:24 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Quite a ride! But what a ride. I'm fine with the sound - the balance between instruments is good in my ears, guitars nicely up front fits the style - the vox come through clearly still.

Love to hear this out loud in a pub someplace
#8November 28th, 2011 · 09:22 PM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
Wow thanks so much for the feedback guys!

Tool are definitely a big influence on our band so if you can't tell haha.

I'll definitely look into turning down the guitars, even if just a tad. I double tracked most of the guitar lines so they do come off a bit strong.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 3:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.