quite nice

relaxed song
#3August 3rd, 2005 · 06:33 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
wow

very simple yet effective

the louder drum part feels a little more energetic than i would expect out of the song.  maybe it's just because the tempo on the drums is working overtime compared to the rest.  maybe a rolling-symbal would be nice?  i'm not a proficient drummer, so i don't know very well.  just a thought

i likes this song!  as i said onyour other song just the other day, if i had time to keep making the game i was programming, i'd SOO be all over this to try to use for the music in it.

lovely.
#4August 3rd, 2005 · 06:33 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
oh yeah
what's that title mean?
#5August 3rd, 2005 · 06:52 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
it's like Final Fantasy VII again! cannon in D as played by the FF7 crew! lol... sweet... nice

i would have like to see the drums come in sooner and play for much more of the song, the part is too short IMHO... that's just the candy in my ear speaking.

i agree that the middle drum part, the fast one, is just a touch out of place by itself... it needs a giant orchestral swell... and some bass... then it'll fit nicely... just by itself it doesn't "do much" for me... that doesn't detract fro my rating though, just so you know. orchestral swell... meh wahtever, use whatever you wanna use but add something to mirror those drums otherwise they feel... well i don't know... they don't fit with the chill factor of the rest of the song... i really hear like a full string section playing the chords during that drum part and a bass... tympani and crash would be good too... as well as TLS's idea of rolling cymbals... like some mallets on a crash-ride would be perfect.

again, none of this really detracts from my rating of the song... it's just the candy in my ear good job so far... work it a little more
#6August 3rd, 2005 · 07:42 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
24 posts
Canada
thank you
thank you very much for the excellent criticism.

the title is icelandic for "Good Night".  it's a not-so-subtle nod to Sigur Ros, who are definetly one of the most influential bands in my life.
#7August 14th, 2005 · 02:17 AM
42 posts
Finland
Strange, the mood of your tune was very islantic, indeed. I heard it as an intro for the following song, and would keep it quite short. I liked the arc harmonies.
#8August 17th, 2005 · 11:20 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
40 posts
United Kingdom
Nice song:) very chilled.
#9August 18th, 2005 · 03:19 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
Canada
this song is good, but not your best.  i like the cello part.  very sigur ros-ish.  nice work.
#10September 11th, 2005 · 05:32 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Nice...its definitely after-party chillout music. In fact I could so listen to this after a night of shrooms. I think I would be the most content person in the world
#11September 13th, 2005 · 02:24 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Really nice song to listen to.  I have to agree with dave that this would go down perfectly after a night of partyign as the sun starts to come up and everyone is slowly collapsing.  I don't know what entheon was doing when he wrote his suggestions but he more or less summed up everythign I would suggest to change so this is gonna be a short post.  Good stuff all the same.
#12September 13th, 2005 · 10:32 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
Screw these guys, I think the drum section works well. I can imagine it being quite effective if my pupils were the size of dinner plates, if you know what I mean? This track reminds me of The Eels for some reason...? Good stuff.
#13September 14th, 2005 · 09:17 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
Once DaveUK mentioned this would make an excellent after party soundtrack, I can't get the image out of my head, walking home in the snow, becoming sober, but not quite yet, the moment when it all makes sense. This song is great.
#14September 16th, 2005 · 10:25 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
30 posts
Canada
i'd say the only citicism i have of this piece of music is that you need to put more rosin on your bow (lol jk SIK) nice synths
if a bass line came in with those sweet crazy drums and then left with it, that's be sweet, but i mean, i'm only lookin out for this guy here.... wait a minute... that's a pretty catchy line... jamison?
#15October 8th, 2006 · 04:19 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: ...
coade wrote…
Once DaveUK mentioned this would make an excellent after party soundtrack, I can't get the image out of my head, walking home in the snow, becoming sober, but not quite yet, the moment when it all makes sense. This song is great.

heh yeah, I stumbled on thetremulance account and figured "hey this dude made some pretty OK stuff, let's check something out I haven't listened to" - so that's how I got here. And listening to this, the quoted comment kinda sum it all up for me.

Really relaxing song, great for this drizzlin sunday morning. I've got nothing to do but rehearse some of my own stuff... later today.

Great track! the bowed instruments are a bit too midi though, but it works. Well done!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.