1 2

#1November 2nd, 2011 · 12:12 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Spaces [Pinwurm]

This song is not in a battle

Pinwurm is a brand new industrial rock project that myself and my new friend Igor Rabovsky formed. This is our first completed song so I thought I would share with you guys and gals. It's very different from my solo stuff so I'm eager to hear your thoughts.

Lyrics...

You walk into the room.
My eyes track onto you.
Instant erasure of any other.

I want what I can't see.
I'll trade a piece of me.
Something takes my mind away,
And I'm happily under.

It's been a long time.
Been a long time coming.
Been a long time.
This has been a long time coming around.

I can't move from this place.
Can't tear my mind away.
Now that I've found you, there's no
Reason to bother.

Black light illuminates.
A small and shrinking space.
I feel the weight of your embrace
As we melt into each other.

Follow my veins
Can't feel your face
Open my skin
It's crawling. It's crawling.
This thing we make
It has no name
In all these years
Passed over.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 2nd, 2011 · 08:36 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Spaces [Pinwurm]
your vocal timbre allways a favourite ....
just a bit low in the mix here
fantastic slice treatment
I LIKE THIS A LOT
smiley fish
i voted it too 4 + 1/2 stars
#3November 3rd, 2011 · 03:36 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Fakin 'el ... shit hot !
Love it love it love it
Extremely good piece of work.
I do imagine a screeching guitar solo going on at about 1:40 .. something to totally get your hairs standing up on end.
So are guys studying music together ?
#4November 3rd, 2011 · 07:14 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Pounding dark beats.......
...........powerful git-riffing, roaring synths and that clear, bright and strong voice (swordy´s right: tiny bit too low) create a unique blend of mystical, enigmatical moods and kicks me off my seat. Wumm!!! 

Hard to categorize, your voice has developed very quickly to a ´heavy-metal-timbre´. There´s "Mr. Hetfield" shining through your chant. The ´rough´ parts were executed very well.

Couriously waiting what´s coming next.

U.L.I.
#5November 3rd, 2011 · 08:13 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
top notch production, very cool style. love the slow pace, synth driven, haunting vox, heavy guitars. suspense and bursting open. reminds me of some NIN stuff now I think of it. Well that ain't a bad thing!
#6November 3rd, 2011 · 08:31 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Thanks very much fellas for the kind words. I'll be sure to pass them onto Igor as well.

Kings: Not studying music. He's studying accounting and I'm doing software development- but we both spend equal amounts of "after hours" time in our studios. He's the only person I've met that spends as much time in his music room as I do.
#7November 3rd, 2011 · 01:37 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Good to see you can diversify - you have done yourself proud 
Them guitars sounds a real high quality - perhaps you can share your technique with us, guitars used pick ups etc.

Wish you recognition and success with your collaboration and you own compositions.
#8November 3rd, 2011 · 08:39 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Amazing!

My only concern...

Will there be more?

--XFactor--
#9November 4th, 2011 · 12:27 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
@Denis Yessir I can diversify lol. Thank you very much though.

Guitar used on this track was just a Gibson Les Paul Studio run through some software amp sims and layered alongside some synths. Igor was the genius behind that bit of the sound though!

@XFactor Thank you too! Yes, there will be more. We're already working on 3 more. Hopefully I'll be posting our 2nd finished one later tonight. It's a bit more up-beat/happy sounding. Then we have one similar to this and the 4th one is totally different.. kind of.. Chroma Key ish (if you know of them)
#10November 6th, 2011 · 01:20 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
whoaaaaaaaaa been back after some time just to look around and I was searching for your stuff.

Really stressed now beacause I'm having my finals now (and I felt guitly coming here hahah) so I didn't like it at first but as it progressed I started to smile inside, regretting how I said your voice was pop hahaha.

Then memories of Hybrid Theory came flashing back - now that I think about it, it's really quite similar (in a good, improved way) to Crawling,  talking about the instruments used for example, the hip hop + rock blend. And I was enjoying it a lot. Especially after discovering Ronald Jenkins recently and being more aware of the different layers people like you put in their music.

Only problem though, the similarities made me waiting in anticipation for the old Chester of the past, of Hybrid Theory and his screaming (what's the proper term for it?). Your "climax" was good, definitely, but not intense enough for me beacause of my memories

wait I even hear you saying crawling a few times.. :P

Going to dl hybrid theory and this song too

Edit: You really need move the structure around to scream your lungs out after a long pause leaving me empty after waiting in anticipation around 1:50 ARRRGHHHHH

Or maybe increase the vocals more beacuse it's sort of drowned out. Not too sure about that though.
#11November 6th, 2011 · 01:33 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Thanks Jie

I'll try to work some Chester-style vocals into one of Pinwurm's next tunes. I can actually do a pretty good impression of him, so that would be fun.

PS. Good luck with your finals mate.
#12November 6th, 2011 · 01:52 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia

I've been listening a few times, and I can't stress enough that the wasted build up mentioned earlier especially the part around 1:57 irritates me a little      Either use the build up or don't put one!!!!!     

Don't know if I'm being objective or just influenced by Crawling though...

Btw I'm JieXian like how you'd be BriAn (2 syllables )
#13November 6th, 2011 · 01:56 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
I called you Jie like my friends call me Bri (no joke) but if you prefer JieXian I can stick to that from now on 

Haha, I'll mention it to Igor and see if he'd be up for re-visiting / extending Spaces.
#14November 6th, 2011 · 02:11 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
Were you 2 influenced by Crawling? I can't help but to notice the similarities in style. Really odd coincidence if you weren't thinking about Crawling at all.

Actually It was mainly because for me, my last name isn't my surname and I get people (from overseas) calling me the equivalent of Mr Xian. Thought it was the same with you. Actually there's nothing wrong with just Jie in a western sense but it sounds really weird to my ears. It'll be the equivalent of me calling you "An" hahaha.

PS Listened to your new song but the awesomeness of this one contrasted too much with it so I'll try it again another day
#15November 6th, 2011 · 02:34 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Hm. Influenced by in that... I listened to that album back in early college.

But I haven't listened to them in years. (No real reason, there's just... so much music.)

1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.