#1November 1st, 2011 · 04:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jazz Jam

This song is not in a battle

This was great fun
Used my thumb instead of fingers for the BASS....I like the tone
Really pleased with the  Seymour Duncan Jazz neck pick I installed on my Epiphone Les Paul, I think it's better than my Arch Top, or just different but nice.
It's amazing I've been playing the Guitar for the best part of 36 years and found a new beautiful chord by accident. That's why I love playing instruments, you never stop learning, you can never become bored - well so long as you have the ability that is.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 1st, 2011 · 09:01 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Nice vibe coming over.

The only thing I'd change is that the Epiano plays the ac git part. And I am missing any chorus like pattern. A chord progression to Abmaj7 chords, like so: Abmaj7 (4) > Bb7 (5) and back to Ebmaj7 (1). This is just to unwind into a new part away from that static chords you used.

All in all it's a gorgeous jam.
#3November 1st, 2011 · 12:26 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Nice quality overall - well-recorded, really fine instrument sounds. I like TK's suggestions as a potential modification. Your Epi LP sounds great!
#4November 2nd, 2011 · 08:40 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Jazz Jam
COOL SOUNDS .......
very well done ............
u getting better every rotation of the wheel!!!

just aiming for this laid back Florida sound and pulling it off is just so cool!!!!
super well done!!!

ARCTIC FISH
#5November 3rd, 2011 · 06:45 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Blue note smooth jazz....
.....for the "blue-smoker-bar". Pretty loungy vibe here. This time the bass sounds really good, Denis.
Clear and full instead "boomy-fuzzy". 
This thumb-technique isn´t easy to play with .........eeehmm.?.......swing?.....groove? In the solopart (fast play) normal fingerstyle were fitting better, I guess. Gets more attack, precision and "drive". But it´s a nice variation of usual bassplaying.
Your  capital investment in new PUs was absolutely worthwhile since your "Epi" sounds that warm and smooth now; like butter and cream.   Now you got THE jazz- and bluestone. 

U.L.I.
#6November 3rd, 2011 · 07:24 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Blue note smooth jazz....
ULI wrote…
.....for the "blue-smoker-bar". Pretty loungy vibe here. This time the bass sounds really good, Denis.
Clear and full instead "boomy-fuzzy". 
This thumb-technique isn�t easy to play with .........eeehmm.?.......swing?.....groove? In the solopart (fast play) normal fingerstyle were fitting better, I guess. Gets more attack, precision and "drive". But it�s a nice variation of usual bassplaying.
Your  capital investment in new PUs was absolutely worthwhile since your "Epi" sounds that warm and smooth now; like butter and cream.   Now you got THE jazz- and bluestone. 

U.L.I.
Re Bass Thumb technique - I think it's because I have like piano fingers, long and thin...lol, If I had fat fingers I'd get a better tone, this is what I noticed when comparing playing with my Thumb compared to playing with fingers, my thumb produced a much fatter smoother sound. Luckily I found it relatively easy for some reason to play with my thumb, I suppose it depends on how fast you want to play.
Thanks for the THUMBS UP
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.