#1October 25th, 2011 · 03:27 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Different View
In collaboration with: cojo

This song is not in a battle

It's nice to be back recording, had some family duties to attend to for the past few weeks.
I like the feel to this - hope you like it.
..............................................................................................................................................................................

Some people ask me if I’m different now.
And I don’t know what’s true,
Although I think I feel the same to me,
How do I seem to you?

Some people say I’m different now,
I think life is still the same to me,
Its just a different view.
How does it feel to you?
Does it still make you blue?

What you need to do,
Is look at it just from another view,
What you need to do,
Another view,
That’s all you need to do.

Some people ask me if I’m different now.
Although you look the same to me,
Do I look the same to you?
How does it feel to you?
Does it still make you blue?

What you need to do,
What you need to do,
Another view,
That’s all you need to do.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 26th, 2011 · 04:44 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Lyrics are great. Simple questions and doubts of life are boxed in this "sob stuff".
Cheesy but nice , somehow.

"Another view, That’s all you need to do."....................................love that line.................it´s such a simple truth

U.L.I.
#3October 26th, 2011 · 07:25 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
Hi Denis

yeah I've gotta agree with you there about liking the feel of the song.

Very relaxed, and wow, you're good at recording...

And allow me too also quote the lyrics:

Although you look the same to me,
Do I look the same to you?

Loved it.

Cheers // Adam
#4October 27th, 2011 · 08:02 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hi Denis
I like the feel of this piece lyrically and musically & where it's coming from...nice and straight forward > solid clean recording and arrangement too.

Sugoi

Hope the family duties flow with ease.

Thanks for posting
yy

#5October 30th, 2011 · 05:38 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
What's your setup for micing your acoustic Denis? You're getting a great sound here. (That's something I've always struggled with- capturing the acoustic as it sounds to me.)
#6October 30th, 2011 · 06:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
brianvaughn wrote…
What's your setup for micing your acoustic Denis? You're getting a great sound here. (That's something I've always struggled with- capturing the acoustic as it sounds to me.)

I'm using a stereo pair of rode NT5 Pencil style condenser mics, they good quality, but I've used cheaper mics to get a good effect.  I have them slightly above the height of the neck angled 45 degrees pointing to the 12th fret, about 12 inches from the instrument. I try and get the eq right from the mics, thus closer you bring them in the more bass and vice versa. The dynamics in your room can have an effect on the sound, if your ears are good you can either determine the amount of natural room reverb in the room compared to your mix, or go the safe option to record with as little reflection as possible and add reverb later. I also use very little compression, I find if you add too much it sounds false.
The best way is to set up and let your ears judge, try to replicate the natural live sound to wearing headphones, you should hardly notice the difference when you get it right. One last thing is to set your headphone level the same as it plays live, then you are indeed comparing like for like.

The most important thing is how you play. I don't play loud/hard - unless it's perhaps Hard Rock or similar  rather I control the dynamics - that is the beauty of an acoustic guitar, when the dynamics are played well and you let the instrument breath, you can hear the wonderful overtones come through. It helps to keep your fingers at almost right angles to the strings so that your other fingers do not interfere with the instrument, hence if they do the guitar will not ring.  This is more so for playing melody.

Man there is so much more I could say, but this should hopefully help you.
#7November 25th, 2011 · 03:40 PM
26 threads / 26 songs
80 posts
United Kingdom
I like this very much. It's so relaxing.
Go Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.