#1October 22nd, 2011 · 02:12 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Expectations & Assumption

This song is not in a battle

Newly recorded, but written a couple of years ago.
Pretty long intro for one of my songs.

Lyrics available on SoundCloud if you'd like 'em [http://soundcloud.com/brianvaughn/expectations-assumptions]

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 22nd, 2011 · 11:17 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yeah it almost took 2 mins to get to the vocals...but hey all the same sounded great...Im not sure about the drums tho...when you begin to sing i do feel like drums get somewhat buried...and as matter of preference the guitars in the intro do sound a little over compressed...You sir have lots of talent and I think you have a great shot at making something happen for you in music!!!!
#3October 22nd, 2011 · 11:35 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Interesting! I have a tendency to do that to drums, I think. In a mix. I always think I've not done it for the song I just finished- but then someone points out that I have.

Listening again right now and you're definitely right. They get buried under the vocals.

Thanks so much Marino.
#4October 22nd, 2011 · 12:19 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United States of America
i like this song some of the transitions art the beginning threw me off   i think one of the guitars could have merge a Lil better in the beginning  but it didn't stop me for liking the song it actually something i could race to in burnout
#5October 22nd, 2011 · 12:29 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Thanks Emperor.

I'll give it another listen in a day or two (once it's out of my head again) and see if I can hear what you mean about the guitars.

If you're ever looking for music to race to you should really check out some of my band's stuff. It's a lot more driving, better suited to racing.
#6October 25th, 2011 · 04:16 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ablsolutely great sounding guitars and Bass, love how you work the guitars melodies together. Great work.

Think I mentioned it before, if you reduced the volume on the lead/rhythm guitars just a bit the rest of the mix will cut through better IMO.

It's just a hunch, try getting closer to the mic I think your vox would cut through much better.

Keep 'em coming 
#7October 26th, 2011 · 01:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listened and listened and listened and ... listening, I love your style Brian
2 minutes to the vocal .... no problem, it's interesting and expressive all the way there.

You do have a young voice, your tone reminds me of someone on the radio, I dont know who .. makes no difference!
Yes ... more harmonies ... more stereo in the vocal and and and ...... keep on doing it.
Your definitely a song man.
Now that it's firmly established that you can make excellent songs with your eyes closed and with one arm tied behind your back, when are you going to start experimenting ?  vst synths, guitar sample editing (stutters and stuff), vocoders, vocal sampling, harmonies, echoes ... you know what I mean 
#8October 27th, 2011 · 09:36 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Thanks Denis

And thanks @ Kings as well!
I tried some of what you mentioned with Red Light Green Light and the response was... lukewarm haha.
But I'll probably try again soon.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.