#1October 11th, 2011 · 06:30 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
29 posts
United States of America
Never Known Love Like Thi

This song is not in a battle

In 1997 I was on a Navy Ship called the USS LaSalle. We were in the Black Sea. As a band member you have a lot of time to yourself if you are riding on a navy ship. One day as I was studying some scripture from Ephesians I came across a verse that said God has an inheritance in His saints. (Ephesians 1:18) I was stunned so I asked, “I know the benefit for Jesus dying for me but, what do you get out the deal?” He spoke softly and surly and simply said, “I get you.” That was a starting point for me discovering the tremendous love God has for us all. I wrote this song just a few months later. Now in 2011 I think I’ve got it put together correctly.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 12th, 2011 · 11:13 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey I've used that exact first synth sound in one of my own creations. lol
This is really funky , it has a lot of 'message' in the lyrics making it something one has to 'work out' as it plays as compared to simpler repetitive lyrics 'getting through' easier.
Some of the synth sounds are too 'clean and gleaming' for my liking. Dirtier sounds would give it more depth.

Personally I would have gone with the word of god and written something relevant around "I get you" .... that would make this funky tune totally awesome.

Actually as a key lyric in a song 'I get you' is excellent ... I get you as in get something to keep and as yes I understand !   
#3October 12th, 2011 · 03:33 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hello and Welcome to bandAMP
Now this my kinda funky music, Yeah I'm 51  years old and brought up with it.
I like it lots.
I noticed that in your bio your main instrument is Sax, would love you to have a blow on this track
More please
#4October 12th, 2011 · 05:09 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
A killer track. What a great production and quality.
But personally I can't find any differences between verse and chorus. it's 3 min of good music though.
I would love to hear something like a break 1, 2 or 3 times.
I like the layered vox and the solo guitar but I am not a friend of fade outs
We have a member here called chauvette. Please have a listen to is songs. Both of you would create great things when you'd come together

btw
Welcome to The Amp!
#5October 12th, 2011 · 10:12 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
29 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the comments
It does take me quite a long time to come up with lyrics. Not because I'm thinking deeply about them but because I'm not very good at it. I just try to get my point across. I appreciate all the comments. Big thanks. And thanks for the welcome.
#6October 17th, 2011 · 04:23 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Seems , you have this special "funk-gene".    Definatly influenced by the sound of the 80s.
It´s a perfect funk song. Good composition, good arrangement, good mix and a good sound.
Can´t say more....................

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.