#1October 5th, 2011 · 04:29 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
The First Thing

This song is not in a battle

Stupid little punk song of mine. Probably just an artifact of my high school years listening to bands like MXPX.

Also has a stupid little YouTube video if anyone's interested.

Posting this because I think it's a fun listen, but please don't judge me too harshly as a musician. I realize it's kind of crap as far as playing skill goes.

PS. Have you ever seen anyone look more awkward and robotic at a drumset?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 5th, 2011 · 05:30 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
You know punk is an attitude to life? well it was at first. But since Greenday is being called punk things are changed. 
personally i find johnny cash more punk
skills are only tools, bringing emotions is music, and you do that, this makes me cheerfull!
but punk? 
should i leave serious comment? i am afraid you're gonna think: oh no , him again :p
ok, for the last time, because i want you to grow.(not sure you want to go that way though, thats your decision :p)
although i love to listen to your work, your god-given voice, and your awesome production qualities, your energy, your talent and your skills..,
        i miss some tension!  
even in this simple punkpoprocksong,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tension_(music)
i know, i am a pain in the ass, ill never mention it again ;p

your respectfull listener ,
max
#3October 5th, 2011 · 05:42 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I think this is a great track and a great performance...My though in the vocal is that it just sounds a little more crisp than the rest of the recording as if it were recorded to a either a whole mix of a wave or mp3 and then re rendered.anyways a good show and a good job !!!!
#4October 5th, 2011 · 05:52 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Max you're cracking me up over here. I seriously started chuckling out loud while reading your comment. Ok, ok, you're right - I should have said "pop-punk" but I really hate that term. And... oh man, tension. Yeah there's none in this song, but we'll see if I can't get you some eventually! Thanks though man. As always, I appreciate your feedback.

@Marino - Thank you! Interesting angle on the vocals-vs-rest-of-the-mix. I'll have to give it another listen once I get back in the studio. All I have now are headphones.
#5October 5th, 2011 · 06:03 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
hmmm amigo my though is that not everyone has a studio so if you cant here it in your headphones(Which is probably the case for many listeners)then you should be good to go and it just might be doing some over analyzing....Well that's my take on it..! but in any case like I said that is a very well done and executed song!
#6October 6th, 2011 · 04:59 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Happy birthday and congrats to your funny "unplugged" video of your song.
#7October 8th, 2011 · 05:30 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: The First Thing
brianvaughn wrote…
Stupid little punk song of mine. Probably just an artifact of my high school years listening to bands like MXPX.

Also has a stupid little YouTube video if anyone's interested.

Posting this because I think it's a fun listen, but please don't judge me too harshly as a musician. I realize it's kind of crap as far as playing skill goes.

PS. Have you ever seen anyone look more awkward and robotic at a drumset? :)

THink ive told u this before ... love your voice .....

gonna send u a pm

fish
#8October 11th, 2011 · 07:41 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Indeed,..this have nothing to do with punk,..listen to The Sex Pistols,..
Dead Kennedy's ,..Crass(England).
Not want to start an debate or whatever,..
But what i hear :,..this is a good  attractive performance,..and also (respect) a very very good performance by its own,..
So don"t butter about anything,..just keeping up the good work.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:28 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.