371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Show Starter
In collaboration with: cojo

This song is not in a battle

Denis -  Music
cojo - Lyrics

As the title suggests this track is designed to open a concert.
I messed around with the crowd samples so that they sound real to the music, at the very end you can hear a man shouting what sounds like "Den, Den...." lol

Wow Cubase 5 was great for editing the female vox samples on this.

I did not intentionally try to get a dirty sound, but think it works well trying to capture a live performance.

Would like to hear your views on the mix. I used the Les Paul for the guitar on the rhythm pick up with new Seymour Duncan pickups.  Not sure on the brass, would have preferred something more dirty natural sounding.

*EDIT - I've since worked on the vocals, hence they are a bit muffled in this cut

Show Starter

Cup those ears
And get the Beers
Now's the time to lose your fears

Tap your feet
And hit the beat
Clap your hands and feel the heat

And if it's too much
Then look don't touch
But lose your troubles and join with us.

It's Friday night,
The girls won't bite,
Smile with us and you'll be all right

So Just be free
And sing with me
Doesn't matter if you're just off Key

It's Rock or Blues
It's what you choose
Yes sing with us and hit your cues

And if it's too much
Then look don't touch

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 30th, 2011 · 10:37 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Nice! I'm only able to listen in headphones at the moment, but it sounds like a pretty good approximation of a live event, crowd and all. That's kind of a neat change from what I'm used to hearing.

Guitar and drums sound nice a warm. Backup singer(s) in the chorus are also nicely done. (How much "editing" of the female vocal samples did you do on this one?)
#3August 30th, 2011 · 12:42 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
brianvaughn wrote…
Nice! I'm only able to listen in headphones at the moment, but it sounds like a pretty good approximation of a live event, crowd and all. That's kind of a neat change from what I'm used to hearing.

Guitar and drums sound nice a warm. Backup singer(s) in the chorus are also nicely done. (How much "editing" of the female vocal samples did you do on this one?)
I was lucky that the key was correct, in fact that's the second time on the trot...FREAKY
So All I had to do in this case was reduce the tempo, Cubase did this without effecting audio quality too much. After selecting which bars I wanted want in Cubase 5, Audio>Process>Time Stretch (it shrinks as well)> then finally I think I clicked on where it shows markers or similar. Found the tutorial on YouTube. I'll edit this later with a link for anyone who's interested.
*Edit

#4August 30th, 2011 · 01:23 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Nice, nice! Yeah I wouldn't have noticed any edits on those vocals at all.  
#5August 30th, 2011 · 03:46 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Great Denis... a real authentic feel to it.
Love the song
All good
#6August 31st, 2011 · 04:30 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
After the introduction of "Techno.Denis" we meet "Motown-Denis" now. This ´shorty` makes me lot of fun and my ass moving.  Sadly it´s quite short. 
One point for me to fix : Vox is bit too low to me , so I´d raise it up to seperate it from the "crowd". And maybe it can also work if you add some lower freqs to ya vox so that it differs more from the cheering crowd(hi-and mid freqs).

cheering U.L.I.
#7August 31st, 2011 · 07:09 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
After the introduction of "Techno.Denis" we meet "Motown-Denis" now. This �shorty` makes me lot of fun and my ass moving.  Sadly it�s quite short. 
One point for me to fix : Vox is bit too low to me , so I�d raise it up to seperate it from the "crowd". And maybe it can also work if you add some lower freqs to ya vox so that it differs more from the cheering crowd(hi-and mid freqs).

cheering U.L.I.

I've since messed around with the lead vocal Eq, layering - I'll experiment see what turns up.
May be I'll keep it as it is and lead it into another song, could be the 1st Track on an album.
Noticed also the Bass drum was a bit boomy when I listened to it in the car today.  
#8September 1st, 2011 · 05:37 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You've really been getting into your Cubase 5
With excellent results to

Did you only make the one OoooYeaa ?

Make a few more, make a few original copies as in copy paste rename the original file in Windows Explorer then load them into Cubase and edit each one separately.

I also think your vocal is on the low side compared to the rest ... though it does, with the cheering sound fairly live.

Yes it's short, because it's very enjoyable
#9September 2nd, 2011 · 09:23 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
There's something about this that reminds me of the old "Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels" stuff from the 60's. The "rock and roll meets soul" feel of the song, the rambunctious crowd, the chick "ooo -yeah" chorus, even the vocals being a bit low in the mix. It feels like a live recording. I think it is possible that nothing really needs fixing....
#10September 2nd, 2011 · 03:47 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Show Starter
Denis wrote…
Denis -  Music
cojo - Lyrics

As the title suggests this track is designed to open a concert.
I messed around with the crowd samples so that they sound real to the music, at the very end you can hear a man shouting what sounds like "Den, Den...." lol

Wow Cubase 5 was great for editing the female vox samples on this.

I did not intentionally try to get a dirty sound, but think it works well trying to capture a live performance.

Would like to hear your views on the mix. I used the Les Paul for the guitar on the rhythm pick up with new Seymour Duncan pickups.  Not sure on the brass, would have preferred something more dirty natural sounding.

*EDIT - I've since worked on the vocals, hence they are a bit muffled in this cut

Show Starter

Cup those ears
And get the Beers
Now�s the time to lose your fears

Tap your feet
And hit the beat
Clap your hands and feel the heat

And if it�s too much
Then look don�t touch

It�s Friday night,
The girls won�t bite,
Smile with us and you�ll be all right

So Just be free
And sing with me
Doesn�t matter if you�re just off Key

It�s Rock or Blues
It�s what you choose
Yes sing with us and hit your cues

And if it�s too much
Then look don�t touch

FANTASTIC!!!

I AM THERE ...............GREAT BUILD!!!

GREAT GROOVE!!!!

U COOKIN FER SURE

FANTASTIC FISH!!
#11September 3rd, 2011 · 08:48 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Haha..Denis this is great...I like your guitar work and performance...The live feel works great!!!! Luv it!!!
#12September 6th, 2011 · 02:14 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
15 posts
India
Ha ha... Gr8 intro Denis... really it felt like i was back in the 80's inside a club having a drink in the corner look at you performing , JUST love it man
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.