#1August 28th, 2011 · 12:10 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Dream Machine V4

This song is not in a battle

ULI and also and very good friend of mine who specializes in ambient type music both suggested to raise the bass.
Also lowered the Guitar (ULI suggestion), raised the vox and synth lead (my pennies worth..lol)
EDIT** there is no version 3 here on the AMP - It's a long story.....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 29th, 2011 · 06:09 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
That´s it. You´ve got it now. 
#3August 29th, 2011 · 09:22 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Digging the changes here.

PS. Wouldn't it be nice if BandAmp let you upload a newer version of an Mp3 without a re-post? (Sometimes a re-post is nice, but the other could be nice also.)
#4August 29th, 2011 · 02:43 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
Overall, I preferred the first version. To me the additional overpowered the theme with too much conflict. It's good to have "action" to fill up the space. But for me it's like you've developed the peaceful countryside so much that it's now a not-so-busy town.

Of course you have to bear in mind the comment I had for the first version. And this is coming from my .. longing to cling to that feeling.

To me, the "peaceful sounds" are the ones coming from the main repeating theme with the........bubbly synth sounds (don't know what are they, but I really liked it). Now everything, even the drums has overpowered it and I can't hear the timbre/tone of the sound clearly at all.

But still, it depends on what kind of dream you intend to produce from that machine :P
#5August 29th, 2011 · 04:59 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Ooooh, seriously cool vibe here Denis.  I like this - I wouldn't want to listen to this type of music all the time, but it's great as a diversion from my usual stuff (rock, folk, blues for example).
Very reminiscent of early Chicane.
I've not listened to versions 1 or 2 (no 3! lol) so this is my first taster.
Cheers
#6August 30th, 2011 · 04:46 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
not goin back to V1 or 2, just listening to this as it is now;

nice build up, love the vox in it now, much nice sounds, some are very 'in the face' which surprises me for the (spacy) genre, but certainly helps keeping attention..

love the base/bass sound, so much deeper now, still seperated well

doubting on the repetetive drums, does it add to trance feel or could it be more free-jazzy improvising..
well, its certainly a lively sounding mix, enjoyed the listening!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.