#1August 14th, 2011 · 03:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ditty (13-8-11)

This song is not in a battle

I've purchased a stereo matched pair of NT5 Rode Condenser Mics (small pencil type). They are best used for Acoustic Guitar and drum overheads.
http://www.rodemic.com/mics/nt5-s
Thought I'd share with you how they sound - do excuse the family playing music, watching TV and the slight hum from my PC power supply,  it does not effect the overall sound quality. I've added just a little compression and reverb.

This is just a jam, although I will make a proper song of this - I like it.

I'm playing on a cheap Spruce top, mahogany back and sided,  Electro-Acoustic Guitar, Martin 12 gauge standard phosphorus bronze strings, going through an Art Gold Tube pre Amp, via Cubase 5

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 15th, 2011 · 04:13 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Ditty (13-8-11)
Denis wrote…
I've purchased a stereo matched pair of NT5 Rode Condenser Mics (small pencil type). They are best used for Acoustic Guitar and drum overheads.
http://www.rodemic.com/mics/nt5-s
Thought I'd share with you how they sound - do excuse the family playing music, watching TV and the slight hum from my PC power supply,  it does not effect the overall sound quality. I've added just a little compression and reverb.

This is just a jam, although I will make a proper song of this - I like it.

I'm playing on a cheap Spruce top, mahogany back and sided,  Electro-Acoustic Guitar, Martin 12 gauge standard phosphorus bronze strings, going through an Art Gold Tube pre Amp, via Cubase 5

Hang on I'll Just get my anorak!!!!
Cheap Spruce top, mahogany back and sided,  Electro-Acoustic Guitar, Martin 12 gauge standard phosphorus bronze strings, going through an Art Gold Tube pre Amp, via Cubase 5

clear as a bell!!!

haha

fish
#3August 19th, 2011 · 04:10 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Siiiiigh!! How romantic . Flowing like a long , quiet running river.
Your recording quality is becoming better and better, Denis and your "cheapo" git sound great here.  It´s chrystal clear sound.
When you´re gonna make a proper song of it I´d say use some varying drum patterns to generate bit more      liveliness.

Oh, before I forget : have  nice holidaqys in turkey and enjoy the sun.   

U.L.I.
#4August 19th, 2011 · 09:21 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Sound quality is great on this. I've tried to get this quality of recording w/ my acoustic but not been very successful so far.

You should make a "proper song" out of it. Looking forward to hearing it.
#5August 19th, 2011 · 12:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Siiiiigh!! How romantic . Flowing like a long , quiet running river.
Your recording quality is becoming better and better, Denis and your "cheapo" git sound great here.  It´s chrystal clear sound.
When you´re gonna make a proper song of it I´d say use some varying drum patterns to generate bit more      liveliness.

Oh, before I forget : have  nice holidaqys in turkey and enjoy the sun.   

U.L.I.
The Hotel I'm staying at has Wi-Fi and I have my iPhone.
Thanks for the thumbs up.
It's about 36 degrees here, really nice new hotel, the shower head in our room it bigger than my head...lol
#6August 20th, 2011 · 02:45 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
brianvaughn wrote…
Sound quality is great on this. I've tried to get this quality of recording w/ my acoustic but not been very successful so far.

You should make a "proper song" out of it. Looking forward to hearing it.
Thanks Brian.
If you need any help with your acoustic recording give us details of your recording set-up and hopefully we can find a way for you to get better recoding quality.
I will make a proper song of this soon
Cheers
#7August 26th, 2011 · 02:10 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
I didn't notice any background sound..

Sounds like an ending scene of a movie during the resolution. The achievements, the losses, the regrets - Facing what's to come next. Sounds great and I'm looking forward to hear what you can do when you are done with it.

And I absolutely love Turkey! Really need to go there again some day. They seem so happy to meet us, geniunely friendly and curious.

I mean, we met schoolkids on a field trip and they were pointing their camera / phones at us and 1 8 year old looking boy extended "Hello, my name Mohamad". I could go on and on about that place.

And the country itself looks beautiful too. (Besides the many ruined houses due to the earthquake that make me feel sad inside. And the crazy jam in the old town of Istanbul)
#8August 26th, 2011 · 02:32 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Jie wrote…
And the country itself looks beautiful too
If you ever come to turkey visit Kapadokia. It´s one of the most beautiful and impressing landscapes of the world you´ve ever seen.
A friend was there years ago and made an amount of fotos. Wow!!!!!
There are complete cities (villages)built of caves gouged in the massive rocks in ancient times.
Tourists can ride with a balloon over this breathtaking landscape.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:39 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.