48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Physics - (And free CDs)
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2011-10

Hello!

Just a quick update. I'm in London again after leaving 7 months ago to head back to my hometown of Christchurch, New Zealand. Sadly we had the worst earthquake in the history of the country, hundreds of people died and the city has been destroyed.

Over the past couple of years, my flatmate and friend of most-of-my-life, Paul van Uden and I wrote the scripts for three half hour  TV episodes of a mockumentary called How To Be Gay (more about it here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/How-To-Be-Gay/145572228857483).  I was approached by a documentary film crew from Berlin last year asking me to make the soundtrack for their doco Americans about a reserve in Montana. I struck up a deal with them where I'd do their music and they'd film our show. It's pretty win/win for me, as it means I have a bunch of recordings to do with whatever I please.

So here is what I want to do. I want to press a small EP, maybe 5 tracks, do a run of 1000 and give them to people. Anyone who wants one, could they leave a comment in here, and I'll send you a couple in 2 or 3 months when its done. One for you, and one to give to a friend not affiliated with bandamp. It's a bit of an experiment to see how far it comes back.

Thanks for all the support over the years. I've been so dormant with music lately, it's good to get back into the swing of things.

Love Chester.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 13th, 2011 · 12:34 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
and you know that this is a good place to return
and if you say that it's a long way from home....   somehow you have it on Bandamp.

Thank you for this song.

I'm in.... I wanted to have you here in Germany to do some performances but I'll be satisfied with an EP, which I would love to hand out to a special person. How long will you stay in Europe?
#3August 14th, 2011 · 04:07 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Very touching song, it's well performed, I think I've said in a recent upload your voice is developing nicely, your character is coming through more and more.

Perhaps you should initially distribute all your EP's to your hometown people? - That would be a nice touch.

Thank you
#4August 14th, 2011 · 08:53 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Beautiful song!
I'm really glad to read you are being discovered, something you really deserve.
Count on me for that EP experiment!

> Iszil
#5August 19th, 2011 · 03:54 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
This is a warm, beautiful and calm song which rips into my heart. Your voices of both you work perfectly together.
That song fits the melancolic mood of this cold, cloudy, rainy german summer while I´m listening and looking out of my window..
Wonderful work.

U.L.I.
#6August 19th, 2011 · 09:27 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
This is a gorgeous song, and your voice is wonderful. It has a Damien Rice vibe to it but the vocals are better. The instrumentation is very tasteful and well-performed. Man, thumbs up overall.

(I just reached the vocal harmonies. So nice! Man I'm a sucker for a good harmony.)

Beautiful.

I know I'm new here, but I'd love a copy when you start mailing them out.

PS. Though they're just words, I'm sorry to read of your loss.
#7August 23rd, 2011 · 11:54 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
91 posts
Malaysia
A few years ago, I was still playing covers and couldn't improvise and hence couldn't compose anything and I've found this place while surfing for indie music. Of course the Hall of Fame button on the sidebar caught my eye and I downloaded it (and didn't explore further). I came back a few years later,forgetting how I ended up here, but  I now have a lot of compositions but I just haven't recorded a good version or finished it up yet.

While I have more than 8k songs in itunes and am still searching more new stuff, once a while when I remember Weight of Wrong and loop it for a while I am brought to another place....

Great voices, guitar control, interesting, very nicely programmed VSTs (the background stuff are VST sounds right?) and definitely feels from the heart. The backstory definitely contributes to my appreciation.

I'm going to take my time to download everything you have

Could you explain a little about "It comes down to Physics, in a town that's so small; if time equals space, I've got no time at all"

And I'll be very happy if you'd somehow mail a copy to Malaysia hahaha, though it's really unlikely. But let me know if you're on Youtube, I'll send your links around.
#8August 23rd, 2011 · 05:57 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Physics - (And free CDs)
EducatedGuess wrote…
Hello!

Just a quick update. I'm in London again after leaving 7 months ago to head back to my hometown of Christchurch, New Zealand. Sadly we had the worst earthquake in the history of the country, hundreds of people died and the city has been destroyed.

Over the past couple of years, my flatmate and friend of most-of-my-life, Paul van Uden and I wrote the scripts for three half hour  TV episodes of a mockumentary called How To Be Gay (more about it here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/How-To-Be-Gay/145572228857483).  I was approached by a documentary film crew from Berlin last year asking me to make the soundtrack for their doco Americans about a reserve in Montana. I struck up a deal with them where I'd do their music and they'd film our show. It's pretty win/win for me, as it means I have a bunch of recordings to do with whatever I please.

So here is what I want to do. I want to press a small EP, maybe 5 tracks, do a run of 1000 and give them to people. Anyone who wants one, could they leave a comment in here, and I'll send you a couple in 2 or 3 months when its done. One for you, and one to give to a friend not affiliated with bandamp. It's a bit of an experiment to see how far it comes back.

Thanks for all the support over the years. I've been so dormant with music lately, it's good to get back into the swing of things.

Love Chester.

lovely place u put me in this song..........

ta

fish
#9August 24th, 2011 · 02:28 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
finally (listening for weeks) time and energy to reflect.
WOW you've grown!
beautifull song, guitars too, perfect recording. really really love it like i loved Jeff Buckley
(to whom this reminds me)

if that ain't a compliment i never speak to yo again )))

in for a copy of course
#10September 8th, 2011 · 08:47 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hey guys, thank you so much for all the kind words! Back in the studio on Saturday. EP will be done fairly soon I imagine.
#11September 29th, 2011 · 07:21 AM
5 threads / 2 songs
51 posts
India
Have been a follower of you Chester for the past 2-3 years. I searched the internet one and was quite happy to see what turned up. This song is very "Chester". like all your other songs. I like consistency in the song. NOthing much to say.

The beauty of the song is that it starts a process in the mind, it starts imagining a picture. Its sheers poetry in this song, not in terms of lyrics but the music. The perfect blend.

Rock on.
Kasa
#12September 30th, 2011 · 08:48 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Everything you do is perfect man. I don't need a free cd or anything, I'm just sayin that you're work is great. I liked your how to be gay page on FB
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 18th, 2024 · 11:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.