#1July 27th, 2011 · 07:38 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
I Don't Wanna Be Friends

This song is not in a battle

Haven't wrote a song in such a long time.. this is only the 2nd song I've wrote this year, the other one being "Let Him Go" in February. Been so busy with work, but it's my last week now.. I'll have a lot more free time over the summer and hope to get some more writing done then.

Anyway onto this song... the 2nd song using my new setup (Mac, Logic, Yeti Mic).

This is the kind of music I've been wanting to write / produce for a very long time. REAL electric guitars, pop / rock kind of thing.. I hope to write a lot more songs in this style. Hopefully you guys like this to. For the first time in ages I'm pretty happy with a song that I've wrote.

Let me know what you think!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 28th, 2011 · 02:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This style of music suites your vocals well. Yeah Vox are nice, though they sound a tad dry
The mix needs some work.
The drums sound too bright/false, either you have applied too much EQ or the kit needs changing.
The guitars sound a bit muddy and need panning more. One of the things I've been doing is to duplicate a guitar track then move one of the tracks a fraction of a second forward in time ( Spread the recording track as large as possible so you have more control on the amount you shift it in time ), then pan them right and left, this will create a nice stereo field and make the sound bigger, experiment with the panning to create the best effect.

The Bass guitar needs more bass just a bit more.

Nice work - keep it up!
#3July 28th, 2011 · 04:06 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Excellent advice as always Denis.

Drums are software instruments so can't do too much to make them sound better, had a bit of play but I don't think they're going to get much better.

Changed vocals and guitars:

http://soundcloud.com/petermoncrieff/i-dont-wanna-be-friends-1
#4July 29th, 2011 · 02:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Petermoncrieff wrote…
Excellent advice as always Denis.

Drums are software instruments so can't do too much to make them sound better, had a bit of play but I don't think they're going to get much better.

Changed vocals and guitars:

http://soundcloud.com/petermoncrieff/i-dont-wanna-be-friends-1

Sounds better - may be raise the guitars a bit - Hmm I sense some echo in the vox might go well
What drum drum software is it? - Surely you must be able to make some changes??
I've started using cubase 5 - It's great when you use it with Ezrummer, with some minor change of settings you can adjust every single drum track, Eq, compression, levels ETC - plus you can choose a kit that best suits the music genre.
#5July 31st, 2011 · 03:28 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
A good popsong. Has drive and energy.
IŽd recommend adding a second ( or more) vox-layer in parts to improve the dynamic of the song. And a lil more reverb / delay / echo.
About the drums IŽm with denis. IŽd choose another drumset in ya library.
All together I like the song and its message. Perhaps youŽd like to post the lyrics here?

Keep it up

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.