#1July 23rd, 2011 · 08:31 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Alone again tonight

This song is not in a battle

Inspired by some friends who are breaking up for no apparent reason, this is just me and my geetar!
Hope you enjoy
Jim

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 23rd, 2011 · 10:47 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yeah , this is a true  essence: "roads are crossing, roads are seperating".
This is a well produced acoustic song, good git layers , vox layers and ya expressive way to sing, ya strong vox make that song complete as it is.  It doesn´t need something else.

U.L.I.
#3July 24th, 2011 · 02:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice work Jim.
It all seem all to easy for couples to give-up IMO. Generally when they do they are no better off. It can be quite traumatic - I often wonder is it worth people going through it all if only to find you are unhappy and have to start again, especially once you reach 40+, that's the time life should get easier and start to enjoy the things you like doing.  Some people are better off staying single, born to be free and explore, or find it hard to give and take.

Have you played the song to your friends?

Bless
#4July 24th, 2011 · 03:55 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the positive comments guys...

@ULI - I enjoyed singing and playing this one, so that probably comes out in the vocal delivery.  The single guitar was one take on my acoustic, but I record using line and mic on different channels so the playing is the same but the frequencies sound different.  I've found that helps to give a wide spread sound to the guitar (one of which is delayed but about 15ms)

@Denis - Can't understand why these guys haven't worked harder at staying together.  And I suspect that she will end up regretting the decision to leave.  Oh well, we'll see!  And know, they've not heard it yet (unless they've listened on-line).

Cheers
#5July 24th, 2011 · 07:24 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Great song JiMi love your vocal authentic , gritty & melodic & the guitar is juicy.
Stands alone very well as is.

thanks for posting
#6August 11th, 2011 · 02:28 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well I suck at romance, always have, probably always will, but I'll shut up about that

I actually spaced out while listening to this song, going into thoughts about all the crap that went wrong in my life (regarding subject) and how one sorrowful ending will just replace the other.

In other words, your song works, and cheers for that!
#7August 13th, 2011 · 08:45 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listened to this loads ... enjoyed it every time so much I forgot to post a few comments.
One thing that comes to my mind is that you manage to get so much inspiration from somebody else's experience.
As painful as it is, it's beautiful ... funny how good songs can do that.
Yes, raw and just right as it is, I agree. Good stuff Jim

You have a beautiful talent Jim
#8August 13th, 2011 · 04:38 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks again to all who have posted with very positive comments... I'm very pleased you all like it.

Inspiration comes from all sorts of unexpected places for me - and my neighbours' situation has really made me think life.  Who knows, there may be more coming from their story as it unfolds!

#9August 15th, 2011 · 04:16 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Alone again tonight
Jiminuk wrote…
Inspired by some friends who are breaking up for no apparent reason, this is just me and my geetar!
Hope you enjoy
Jim
:)

Stands alone very well as is...

captures the feel......

this got to you obviously

fish
#10March 4th, 2015 · 10:19 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Sad story
Yes, it's a sad story but told with lots of heart. Vocals and guitar are top notch.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.