#1July 19th, 2011 · 08:14 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Forget_Demo

This song is not in a battle

So I've been meaning to record demos for all the songs I've been writing - I have a lot I just haven't done much with any of them/tried recording any of them. I just got a new acoustic guitar so I wanted to try it out recording just micing it and so I thought doing a demo would be good. I'll probably be doing quite a lot of demos of all the stuff I have pretty soon. This ones called Forget. Enjoy. Or Don't.

(all the sounds are from my acoustic.)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 20th, 2011 · 04:33 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You are develping your own sound -very good - I would know this was you as soon as it started.
The ideas are there, but it needs work on the structure.
Don't be afraid to stop or just go real quite or mental.

I know it only a demo, but the guitar is just a wee bit too close to the mic, try pointing it at the 12th fret, pretty much get an even tone.

Keep it up!
#3July 20th, 2011 · 07:23 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Forget_Demo
TheKunadiun wrote…
So I've been meaning to record demos for all the songs I've been writing - I have a lot I just haven't done much with any of them/tried recording any of them. I just got a new acoustic guitar so I wanted to try it out recording just micing it and so I thought doing a demo would be good. I'll probably be doing quite a lot of demos of all the stuff I have pretty soon. This ones called Forget. Enjoy. Or Don't.

(all the sounds are from my acoustic.)

next step ........ in recording  ladder .........

how about adding fx like reveb to voice
adding ambience.?

u sound great

happy fish nice song
#4July 23rd, 2011 · 11:52 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks guys I really appreciate you listening. I was happy about what you said denis about "developing my own sound". I've been thinking about that lately and I'm sort of glad its falling into place. Like I said this is just a demo of the rough idea of the song, it'll probably be full band and be more than just a little acoustic guitar ditty but that's how it is for now.
Yeah swordy I was thinking about adding effects to voice and stuff...thats why I like doing demos before we go in and try and do the song full-band so we can figure out sort of what we want to add and change easily.

Thanks for the tip about where to point the mic for recording the guitar, I had it like right over the hole. I had little idea of how to mic it, so thanks I really appreciated that Denis. 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.