#1July 17th, 2011 · 01:42 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Sunny Day

This song is not in a battle

In between half way writing a new tune, I decided to quickly toy with some equipment and created this ditty in under an hour. It's all about enjoying a "sunny day" despite what weather conditions one may find oneself in... A truly good mood comes from inside, no?

Tightness and mix balance far from perfect, but atleast it is new! Recorded 16-07-2011

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 18th, 2011 · 04:12 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Sunny Day
NEW
like this ....... nice to step back and get refreshed with in your face ''riff'' song..
Factory Warhol sounds ........

Thanx PUP
#3July 18th, 2011 · 04:35 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
This is great! I hear the familiar PuppetXeno, hammering, industrial techno-beats, but this time with a cheeriness...an exuberance... previously unheard! Naturally the lyrics are very uplifting...encouraging.... I agree that the healthiest and most adaptive point of personal view is that true joy comes from within! I like it!
#4July 19th, 2011 · 03:51 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah the vox as previously mentioned have a 'SUNNY' cheerie sound -
When you remix they will cut through better - The Bass frequencies need cutting on the Bass and Drums IMO
Other than that it's a nice cut.

NICE JOB
#5July 19th, 2011 · 05:04 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
What a great idea / concept.
I like this way of contradicton : Dark, mean, hard industrial style and gitsound embedded in a good tempered
and optimistical expressed melody and lyrics.  Absolutely unique .
It´s worth to work on it seriously and to "dress" it in the "Sunday´s suit". Too good to get mouldy in ya drawer.

U.L.I.
#6July 19th, 2011 · 07:56 PM
5 threads
17 posts
United States of America
Wow, awesome stuff PuppetXeno.   Very interesting.
#7July 20th, 2011 · 09:58 PM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Awesome (as usual) 
#8July 21st, 2011 · 03:53 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
had my volume hi up when the song started, thought my speakers died 
a few seconds later started enjoying this raw beat and raised the volume so the neighbours could enjoy.

dont have much to add what u dont know, like raising the vox  i know.

nice youre back
ill wait for the remix
or send me the tracks
#9July 23rd, 2011 · 08:47 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Clear instrumental sounds on a good recording... I'd stick the vox up a good 3dB as I want them raised from the instruments.  I know you say the mix is far from perfect, but it's pretty damn good really, depends what you want the overall feel to be.  As it's a "sunny" song - the popcorn-type synth sound needs to be there high in the mix, maybe not so high though.  Nuff said, I prattle!
Your stuff is always interesting to listen to - this is no exception.
I like this song
#10July 23rd, 2011 · 08:23 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Hey, je zou op deze beat wreed een rap kunnen doen man!!!
#11August 11th, 2011 · 06:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
just a quick visit to thanks you guys for your comments, I am glad the song does it's job well True there are some improvements to be made, mix wise, and I will probably do that when I get around to it. I have some other projects to work on at the moment, and this takes priority.

in between I've been using my ipod to record some simple minimalist acoustic tracks, they're turning out quite interesting to my ears.

Anyways I will be back reviewing songs soon, so cheers
#12August 13th, 2011 · 08:32 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Love this... sorry I did not comment sooner, I've listened to it loads.
Love the guitar....sexy and chunky, love the cymbal and hat sounds too.
Not so into 'pop' track .. but I know you like your 'casioness' !
Vocal is cool ... very cool.

And if the 'pop' poops were twice as fast ? or an echo might make it 'fit' better to my ear. 
** an echo would fatten them up , make it less 'plonky' and roll it more into it's self .... my imagination thinks so anyway! 
#13September 3rd, 2011 · 09:04 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
PX you are crazy...hahaha..This is so your style...You never seem to fail impressing me...Enjoyed the listen..Thank you!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 6:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.