#1June 29th, 2011 · 08:39 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Simcity2k Theme Recreated

This song is not in a battle

Here's my Recreation of the Simcity 2000 Theme that I did by importing the midi file from the original game, and then assigning each midi track a Kontakt or Kore instrument (both Native Instruments products, which I love by the way).

It's pretty awesome, and when you listen to the original the difference is night and day.  I love this theme so much, because I used to play this game a lot when I was little

Here's a link to the original MIDI file if anyone wants to compare or just hear how it used to sound when I played the game : http://www.midishrine.com/ostepop/mpc/Sim_City_2000/10018.MID

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 29th, 2011 · 01:20 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
BUMP
#3June 29th, 2011 · 02:15 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah Chalk and cheese or what, this is my kinda music.
I'm loving what you have done here. I too love NI, I've only started to use midi, the NI stuff is rich and warm sounding.
The only thing I'd changing is to put the Rhodes sounding keys more to the right of the pan and try and put more attack on the compression of the drums.
You could add a guitar solo maybe or even a vocal, but I still like it just the same, you could work on expanding it and throw in some of your own composition.

Well done - nice work
#4June 29th, 2011 · 02:41 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
You just imported a midi file and assigned some sounds to it?
So it's not your natural playing!?
Well done - nice importing
#5June 29th, 2011 · 02:52 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Nope it's just MIDI, this was just a test to see what is possible!

On the lead that's to the left of the spectrum I used envelopes to manipulate the sounds.

I really love the native instruments vsts, they are so warm and rich sounding.

I may just use some of them in my own compositions.  Nobody would even think twice!

Lol TK, "nice importing"
#6July 6th, 2011 · 02:46 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Wow!!
Sounds like some classical 70s fusion stuff ā la George Duke or something like that.
Compared to the (crappy) original itīs actually like "day and night".
Nice īgame-boy-noodle`.
U.L.I.
#7July 18th, 2011 · 05:55 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Simcity2k Theme Recreated
thebigguyconnor wrote…
Here's my Recreation of the Simcity 2000 Theme that I did by importing the midi file from the original game, and then assigning each midi track a Kontakt or Kore instrument (both Native Instruments products, which I love by the way).

It's pretty awesome, and when you listen to the original the difference is night and day.  I love this theme so much, because I used to play this game a lot when I was little

Here's a link to the original MIDI file if anyone wants to compare or just hear how it used to sound when I played the game : http://www.midishrine.com/ostepop/mpc/Sim_City_2000/10018.MID

nice experiment .........

great result

random fish
#8July 18th, 2011 · 06:57 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Heh thanks guys.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 19th, 2024 · 1:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.