#1June 25th, 2011 · 05:43 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Short Film Music Piece

This song is not in a battle

Hi

It's been a long time since I've uploaded anything for various reasons. This is a short film-type piece. A kind of Dragon Slaying whilst hurtling through space type of thing!

I'd be grateful for comments.

Cheers
PRG

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 25th, 2011 · 07:58 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Plain and simple....amazing!!!! Yup incredible production, arrangement and composition..Excellent..wow!
#3June 25th, 2011 · 08:04 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Awesome!!!!!!!!

I have been experimenting with vsts myself a lot recently especially horn and strings, just playing around, I'm hoping to accomplish something nearly this awesome

can you tell me just a couple of the vsts you used (especially for brass and strings thx).
#4June 25th, 2011 · 10:06 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Hi

Well, thanks for the comments.

Connor, I've been investing in some new stuff recently and the strings and brass used for this were from the EWQL Orchestra. I don't have the full Platinum version but the scaled down Gold version is very good too. The drums were an arrangement using Storm Drum 2 (EWQL again) which is all kinds of awesome. The mental swirly sound at the start is from Omnisphere (which is wonderful, if a little daunting). Lastly, the guitar was RealStrat going through an amp sim (it would be nice to have Marino's guitar chops but I don't!)

I thought the production was OK but you get so used to listening to it so it's good to get an outside opinion to help...thanks.

PRG
#5June 25th, 2011 · 09:19 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Short Film Music Piece
PRG wrote…
Hi

It's been a long time since I've uploaded anything for various reasons. This is a short film-type piece. A kind of Dragon Slaying whilst hurtling through space type of thing!

Cheers
PRG

Hi PRG

WOW massive sounds .......... 007 Barry flashback ....
nice one P .... the orch and perc samples are great .......
Guitar ............ my man!!!

Great atmosphere .... short .............but u know that

great to see u back on the amp....

from down the road........ haha

john the fish
#6June 26th, 2011 · 07:52 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
WOW I was convinced the guitar was real!!!  Thanks for the info man, greatly appreciated.
#7June 26th, 2011 · 04:35 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Nice man! I could already picture a beginning of a movie!
#8June 27th, 2011 · 05:01 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great songwriting PRG
So where are you taking this, it's got great potential, would love you to build on this see where it takes you.
#9June 27th, 2011 · 09:46 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
Ha! I really like this! I touches a special place in my heart (the place I have reserved for loving sci-fi and fantasy). I had to listen to it twice in a row, it was that good.

I think to push it away from the video game genre more towards the movie side, your bass drop at :32 could be a little more "earth shattering", if you know what I mean. (I was secretly hoping it would be, haha).

Also, I'm not sure if it just my ears right now, since I'm not looking at phase analyzer, but I feel like once the crescendo hits it's climax the orientation of the mix begins to slide towards the right.

Overall, though, amazing piece and well produced! Thank you for posting!
#10July 18th, 2011 · 05:49 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Short Film Music Piece
PRG wrote…
Hi

Cheers
PRG

track has a really long hang time at start??
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.