#1June 20th, 2011 · 11:56 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
Outlawtro
In collaboration with: Rob Romaine, Tyler Howe

This song is not in a battle

We just finished our self-recorded album "Outlaws and Engines" and haven't had time to post anything because, just days after, I had to move my life to Japan.

This is last song of the album (the first being "The Outlaw") and was a close call at being that... because of the time crunch we had roughly 2 days to write and record this song [craziness ensued as I was also moving things out of my place]. As well, due to this limited time frame, I had to record all the instruments myself =/

If anyone wants, I can detail how everything was tracked and everything done post and pre.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 20th, 2011 · 12:24 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Must say , itīs an energetic, well composed and arranged "Indie"-song. Without frills or knick-knack. The vox and chant is very catchy.
For such a small time frame I think itīs a decent recording.
What I didnīt like so much was the drums. In my ears the rhythmn didnīt suit as well to this rough & fresh composition.  Too "well-behaved " , imo. More like a dance-band-beat. I missed some force "from behind" (drums).

All in all itīs an agile song . Nice.
Can you also post the lyrics, please ?

U.L.I.
#3June 21st, 2011 · 03:32 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Good song.....
Good composition....
Good arrangement....
Good idea.....
Good skills....
Good recording quality...
...good to have you here!
#4June 21st, 2011 · 05:45 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
ULI wrote…
Must say , itīs an energetic, well composed and arranged "Indie"-song. Without frills or knick-knack. The vox and chant is very catchy.
For such a small time frame I think itīs a decent recording.
What I didnīt like so much was the drums. In my ears the rhythmn didnīt suit as well to this rough & fresh composition.  Too "well-behaved " , imo. More like a dance-band-beat. I missed some force "from behind" (drums).

All in all itīs an agile song . Nice.
Can you also post the lyrics, please ?

U.L.I.

Hey thanks for the feedback! Honestly, I somewhat agree about the drumming...  Our drummer left about a year ago and over the course of this new album I've been teaching myself to play (on rockband drums mostly. Sad to say -- we recorded in my apartment where we decided to only play the real kit for recording and limited our takes to a max of 4). So my drum work leaves very much to be desired --

Would I have liked a professional, quality drummer to come in and lay the tracks? Sure.. but, sadly, we had none. What you hear here is the quite limited limit of my skills.

As for the lyrics.. I'll happily post them below for you!

He came from far, across the wide plateau
(The wide plateau)
It seemed a blink and centuries ago
(centuries ago)
My role is set, I live to tell the story.
(tell the story)
Of a man and his brush with the end of history.

Won't you wander where you will
There's a place by the moon
where the demons and the goons
are just revving up and dying for the kill

I found him lying unconscious on the floor
(on the floor)
He's deep within my subconscious for ever more
(forever more)
I took him in but I don't know where he'll go
(where will he go)
I speak to live and sing his Outlawtro

Ripped from the town where he used to be
Don't want to see what he used to see
Says he's treading like a madman
Treading far through the dry sand
He's being followed by a black car
Who don't believe who you are
He came a talkin' about a blue sun
Said he felt like everyone

(guitar break)

(Outlawtro...)

I should also mention that this is a thematic album and each song ties in the next and so on. The lyrics here are but a recap of other songs on the album. I'll post those to bandamp sometime for critiquing but for the meantime they can be found here: http://www.reverbnation.com/thesarcasmics
#5June 21st, 2011 · 04:12 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
This is nice! Western Wave if you ask me. Can't say I'm into the lyrics, they do very little to me, but the overall groove of the tune and the recording quality / mix is pleasing my ears. I don't mind the.. non hot-shot-ness of the drum part hehehe. It's what gives it that wave-club vibe and I bet it would do well live too.

cheers.
#6June 25th, 2011 · 03:52 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
Thanks for the kind words! Hopefully the lyrics will make more sense if I were to post some of the other songs on the album.... however, with the rush job on this... I'm actually not surprised you're not keen on them.

I appreciate the vote of confidence for a live performance! Sadly this has not happened yet -- and probably will not any time soon.
#7June 28th, 2011 · 10:08 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listening to song .. havent read lyrics
My first impression ...... totally .....
oo not into guitar solos they seem to take it in and not kick it up ... anyway very very impressed, I can here this in a club on radio in households, it's excellent.
ULI puts it so well, the drums are "too well behaved" lol
But the whole song, it's composition and execution ... excellent

The story at the time was that Lenny Kravitz had produced his first album in his 'bedroom', this is what I think when reading your story.... I think your very talented ... and you should definitely keep on hitting it !
#8June 28th, 2011 · 03:12 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
execution
Nice work, guys.powerful but yet well contained..Lyrics fit well...vocals, music timing, is all there...good execution...keep em coming...I like the style

nice rating
#9June 28th, 2011 · 06:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK! Listened again, this time followed the lyrics, they start off slightly restricted, judging by your comment "need to upload the rest of the album to understand"  it sounds like it's a concept album about de Vinci.
I do like the chorus, it's catchy enough though if you were to go for commercial I think you could whittle it down to something simpler and deeper..... and catchier.
There's some stretching to fit when it comes to unconscious and subconscious, but I do understand it was crammed into 2 days ..... and you did it all your self !  Bravo !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 6:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.