Hi guys, I've been too busy lately doing things not involving music but this is
my latest work

Hope you'll like it!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 20th, 2011 · 11:24 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
I must say... I was really surprised when the vocals came in. Normally, I'm a bit of a stickler for quality recording methods and, regarding my own tastes, I shy away from anything that uses midi drums and preset synths so unashamedly. .

But, all instruments aside, the overall arrangement and vocal performance were rather good.

Next time, I would suggest just you and your guitar (or band) in the recording and to lose the terrible midi-works. While this is not always true for certain genres and for well applied midi/vst syths/fx, (IMO) this, very well crafted, song has been completely ruined by them...
#3June 20th, 2011 · 04:44 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
Sarcasmics wrote…
I must say... I was really surprised when the vocals came in. Normally, I'm a bit of a stickler for quality recording methods and, regarding my own tastes, I shy away from anything that uses midi drums and preset synths so unashamedly. .

But, all instruments aside, the overall arrangement and vocal performance were rather good.

Next time, I would suggest just you and your guitar (or band) in the recording and to lose the terrible midi-works. While this is not always true for certain genres and for well applied midi/vst syths/fx, (IMO) this, very well crafted, song has been completely ruined by them...

Wow man, that was harsh, but I appreciate your honesty. well actually, (IMO) I think they sound pretty good, I'm not THAT bothered over the fact that I am using midiworks you know. And no, the song would, I'd say, get ruined if I removed them, I've made a million songs (no, not really a million) just plain acoustic songs. And I don't like the sound of it at all.

But hey, I'm experimenting, I thank you for your critisicm

Cheers m8

// Adam
#4June 21st, 2011 · 03:43 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
It's a fine analog song... the drums imo are not that what they supposed to be. This song would liven up if the drums were played by a real drummer.
But it's a fine song and a great voice
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.