#1June 18th, 2011 · 06:29 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Slovakia
untitled-i8
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2011-07

Another recording of my new acoustic guitar together with the old electric one.

...I know it is similar to the last recording (untitled-h7), but I hope nobody will mind.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 19th, 2011 · 01:37 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Another romantic instrumental for dreamers.
I like your phrasing on the sologit. Just beautiful. On a few points I felt reminded in Al di Meola´s phrasing.
Just beautiful.
I think, the mix has potential to be improved a lil in two points :
1. I´d add some treble to the acoustic.
2. In the 1. half the melody-git is a bit low, but becomes louder in the 2. half of the piece. I´d bring it up to an equal level.

For me it feels like you love your pieces unfinished somehow.  Why?  Well, some of them are pretty short so that I think "Oh, shame, it´s already over?" and every title is untitled..
I think , a title will give your tracks identity and character. (What´s a baby without a name?)

U.L.I.
#3June 19th, 2011 · 03:42 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You should keep working on this piece - just when I was really getting into it, it faded away.

Have you got a midi set up or a decent keyboard with strings or play any other instruments or can collaborate.

To me the song is building up in dynamics, gradually introducing either vocals, string, flute, harp, cello etc any of those will complement the music.

It does remind me of something I've heard on the AMP,  but just the chord progression.

If you run out of ideas a key change once or twice will keep it interesting, raising it lifting the mood and lowering vice verse.

Nice listen on a Sunday morning
#4June 19th, 2011 · 05:26 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Slovakia
Thank you for your review and opinions.
I really appreciate them.

I completely agree with you... My pieces are too short but that's mainly because of the fact
that I'm very lazy
I really have to work on it...

And regarding the names... I have really no idea how to name my recordings
Sometimes I'm trying to come up with some name but everytime the name seems to be very stupid to me...
So I always end up like "untitled..."

ULI wrote…
Another romantic instrumental for dreamers.
I like your phrasing on the sologit. Just beautiful. On a few points I felt reminded in Al di Meola�s phrasing.
Just beautiful.
I think, the mix has potential to be improved a lil in two points :
1. I�d add some treble to the acoustic.
2. In the 1. half the melody-git is a bit low, but becomes louder in the 2. half of the piece. I�d bring it up to an equal level.

For me it feels like you love your pieces unfinished somehow.  Why?  Well, some of them are pretty short so that I think "Oh, shame, it�s already over?" and every title is untitled..
I think , a title will give your tracks identity and character. (What�s a baby without a name?)

U.L.I.
#5June 19th, 2011 · 05:42 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Slovakia
Thank you for your opinions and constructive criticism. I'm always glad when somebody reviews my recordings.

I have no keyboard but for the last few month I'm thinking about buying a digital piano (with midi output).
I would really love to learn to play the piano. I will maybe take some lessons or learn to play myself (as I did with guitar)...

And as I mentioned above in the post before, I'm really lazy, that's why my recordings are almost always unfinished :-)
I always think that I will finish it somehow in the future but I in the end never will...

And changing the key is a helpful idea hmmm thanks for that.
I think I should buy some book about composing.

Denis wrote…
You should keep working on this piece - just when I was really getting into it, it faded away.

Have you got a midi set up or a decent keyboard with strings or play any other instruments or can collaborate.

To me the song is building up in dynamics, gradually introducing either vocals, string, flute, harp, cello etc any of those will complement the music.

It does remind me of something I've heard on the AMP,  but just the chord progression.

If you run out of ideas a key change once or twice will keep it interesting, raising it lifting the mood and lowering vice verse.

Nice listen on a Sunday morning ;)
#6July 23rd, 2011 · 09:02 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
A bit of a hissy start (audible throughout) which is a shame as this has a lovely vibe and feel to it.
Good bit of playing. You have a good ear for solo.
Too short - it felt like an intro - I wanted it to go into something else.
Actually, now I've looked it seems like Denis and Uli are thinking the same way as me.
A lovely start to.... something!
#7July 23rd, 2011 · 08:32 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Nice short romantic songs for a short romantic movie!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.