United States of America
You Want Thing's I Ain't Got_V2
In collaboration with: ULI__Bass / Lead Guitar

This song is not in a battle

ULI__Bass / Lead Guitar
Flyer__Rythm Guitar / Vocals / Lyrics / Composition

I first recorded this song bout'3 year's ago. ULI & I have been working
on this collaboration for the past 2-3 days. It was a pain in the arse
trying to get the mix and the EQ'n down and we almost gave up lol.
Collaborations can be a difficult task. It takes a lot of patience. ULI
and I feel that this was the best recording we could have possibly
come up with. So we hope you enjoy the song.

Thank you, ULI, for giving up so much of your time & effort to this
collaboration. It was nice working with you. I look forward to
working with you in the future

"You Want Thing's I Ain't Got"

I give you diamond rings
and then I feel like
I've committed a sin
I keep giving you things
that I ain't got
I gave up my
Cuban Cigars
so you can drive around
in a fancy car
I keep giving you things
I have not

You want to be
a movie star
I drink from happy hour
until its last call
I give you things
but I need to stop
I cant afford to go to the beach
I cool off with
a water hose
you want things
that I just ain't got

you only know me
on payday
where the hell
is my runaway
train
I keep giving you things
I ain't got

Thank God for
rainy days
the phone's off the hook
But I'm not away
you want things
that I ain't got

I say things that
you want to hear
baby pass me a cold beer
I keep giving you things
that I just ain't got

I gave up my
Cuban Cigars
so you can drive around
in a fancy car
I keep giving you things
and I have not

I cant afford
to go to the beach
I cool off with a
water hose
you always want things
that I ain't got

Lyrics:
Flyer

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 14th, 2011 · 11:59 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yeah, Ralph we had a bunch of work to do to bringing this up.
And now I can understand every word of your lyrics . In parts I just could suppose the meaning of the lines.
Seems to be "inspired by a material girl,he?"  
Who of us donīt know this "strange kind of woman" ( oops, Peep Durple).
Tnx for lyrics.

What can I say about this new experience? The playing in a totally foreign and new genre was very inspiring and pure fun to me.  When I listened  during the mixing sessions my smile grew from one ear to another.

U.L.I. goes Country.........huuhuuhaaaa. If one would have said to me one year ago, that I would play Country stuff one day, Iīd have said :"Youīre kidding". Althogh Iīve done and I liked it.

Just need a Stetson, Cowboyboots and a horse (aua!!......my back) to become a honorary member of "Western Cowboy Association". LOLOL

Tnx for this collab, Ralph
U.L.I.
#3June 15th, 2011 · 06:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
And now I can understand every word of your lyrics . In parts I just could suppose the meaning of the lines.
Tnx for lyrics.

What can I say about this new experience? The playing in a totally foreign and new genre was very inspiring and pure fun for me.  When I listened  during the mixing sessions my smile grew from one ear to another.

U.L.I. goes Country.........huuhuuhaaaa. If one would have said to me one year ago, that I would play Country stuff one day, Iīd have said :"Youīre kidding". Althogh Iīve done and I liked it.

Just need a Stetson, Cowboyboots and a horse (aua!!......my back) to become a honorary member of "Western Cowboy Association". LOLOL

U.L.I.

ULI mad as ever - We love you

Great to see fun collaborations, you have done yourselves both proud...Yeeeeehaaaa!
#4June 18th, 2011 · 11:54 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
ULI wrote…
Tnx for lyrics.

What can I say about this new experience? The playing in a totally foreign and new genre was very inspiring and pure fun to me.  When I listened  during the mixing sessions my smile grew from one ear to another.

U.L.I. goes Country.........huuhuuhaaaa. If one would have said to me one year ago, that I would play Country stuff one day, Iīd have said :"Youīre kidding". Although Iīve done and I liked it.

Just need a Stetson, Cowboy boots and a horse (aua!!......my back) to become a honorary member of "Western Cowboy Association". LOLOL

U.L.I.

Thank You, Uli for throwing yourself in to this project the way that you did...

Thanks for listening and commenting, Denis
#5June 18th, 2011 · 02:11 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
yeehaah right along,
this goes straight to my car, nice work, nice collab, great song!
i must have some boots somewhere..

#6June 18th, 2011 · 03:58 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I love this, top marks Flyer and ULI.
What ever you did with the mix it worked and what ever you did together that also worked.

ULI you've really listened and really complimented Ralphs creation and made this into an excellent song.

Ralph, put another coffee in the microwave, compose your self and get composing, and do a lot more with ULI.
This combination works well, you sound like you have a band behind you ... which is, according to this song, exactly what you need, a full sound and your vocal fits and flows perfectly.
#7June 19th, 2011 · 02:42 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Fine to see that you have fun with our collab. Everyone seems to be animated to search his old boots or to catch a horse from a pasture. 

kings wrote…
What ever you did with the mix it worked

A main problem was that Flyer just had a combined Ac-git & drum-track. No single tracks.
And on this track the drums were already mixed "far back".
And in addition with the bass and git the drums arenīt audible very well.
I tried hours & hours to bring the drums more upfront, but whatever I tried, it didnīt work.
So I took it as it was and mixed it how you can hear it now. Thiswise it got something like an "unplugged" character.
To play my instrumental parts was so much fun, but the mixing- and editing jobs I always hate again.
But itīs not avoidable , I think. ................sigh...........
Sometimes I wish to come into a studio, plug my instrument in, playing my part and going home again.
Studio engineer wanted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U.L.I.
#8June 21st, 2011 · 05:09 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Good show!

Yeah there is the typical issue with overall recording quality, but as I understand and can hear you both did a great job making the best out of this. Ralph with his inherent talent for country songwriting and his characteristic voice, ULI with some very neat instrumental virtuosity to bring it up to color, makes for an excellent and very appreciable end product!

Well done!

Ralph should actually grab his best tunes and go to a real studio to have himself properly produced. I bet the resulting album will sell really well.
#9June 21st, 2011 · 08:54 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I want to thank everyone for the most kindest comments one could ask for. The credit really goes to my good friend Uli for bringing this song to the best possible recording that could have been accomplished with the terrible tracks that I had to offer. Uli, my hat goes off to you. Not only for re-working the tracks but for your outstanding contribution to the Music itself. Well done.

When I first came to Bandamp I knew very little about recording. I received a lot help from so many fellow Ampers. The Bandamp community of Musicians are the greatest bunch of people to be associated with that anyone could ask for. I have ventured and joined a few other Music sites, which I'm sure that many of us have. But, Bandamp is and always will be my Music home.

Px. Thank you for your generous comment about my song(s) being capable of selling in the open market. I guess there is only one way to find that out. I'm not in this to make money or to become a star. But it would be nice to know that people would spend their hard earned money buying my music. Not to become rich, but to know that I'm an accomplished musician. I have always said that this is a hobby and I will always look at it that way.

So, let me say it once more. From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone for taking the time to listen to what Uli & I have recorded, and for leaving comments
#10June 23rd, 2011 · 10:10 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Ralph,
its your natural 'Willie Nelson like' talent that shined through your disastrous recordings!
i think Puppet is right here, you just shouldnt be waiting for that, still have your fun as you do, but this recording (and i remember others) is quite an example of your qualities produced better!

imagine what would happen if you start singin in a real studio without the worries of recording and arranging, i am curious really!

and i aint a country fan actually, but i dig Johnny Cash and Neil Young, and i dig yours in that same way :p
I really never forget McMahan's !

well, because of my older sister i listened too Neil Diamond and John Denver when i was very young, so maybe i am damaged for life :p
this has nothing to do with it

just keep m comin and keep collaborating Ralph!
#11June 25th, 2011 · 05:37 PM
50 threads / 43 songs
130 posts
Netherlands
Wow this song is really easy nice listening. I would love to hear this with a studio recording. I'd buy the single
#12June 28th, 2011 · 02:58 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
engineer
@ Max...Max... I would love to go to a studio, record and leave the rest to the engineer. The mixing, etc..is a pain in the arse. I really don't like it. I listen to a song so many times that I actually get sick of hearing it. But, that's what it take's. No many how many time's I hear the song or mix ---remix it..I'm never satisfied with the outcome. I always feel like It can be done better. I appreciate your comments...Thanks

@ Wisdom...Thanks for the comment...Uli did a wonderful job.. I'm so pleased with his effort. If the day ever come's that the song does become a single, I'll give you a free copy... 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.