#1June 9th, 2011 · 12:16 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
'Can't Walk A Blind Line_V2

This song is not in a battle

Flyer__Music / Composition / Lyrics / Vocals

I made a few changes to this song. I added more reverb, picked up on the vocals, lessened the guitar & cut the bass out of the song.... etc...Thanks for the suggestions, Denis, Swordy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 9th, 2011 · 12:33 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
hey flyer,
why don't you pan some of your tracks!

I like stereo!
#3June 9th, 2011 · 12:36 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
lol
I always forget to do that Conner...But, how does the song sound as is?.......It is in stereo, isnt it?..or is it mono?
#4June 9th, 2011 · 01:08 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
It's mono, because no tracks are panned.  sounds better than the last time, still too much reverb though (in my opinion)

Keep on working on it!

What's your production/recording software?  I could give you some tips.
#5June 9th, 2011 · 02:21 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
nice song Ray, havent heard your voice since 'macmahan's' , loved that, just as this one, good songs with an atmosphere!
i dont mind the rec quality too much, i do mind that high beep ;p
and a tad too much verb yes, you have a nice voice, dont hide it
having fun is the most important!
#6June 9th, 2011 · 04:16 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
@Conner. Just because the tracks aren't panned it doesn't mean that its mono. If it does, than that's new's to me. According to my recording program, which is Audacity, It's recorded in stereo.

@Max...I added that reverb because Swordfish said it need more...lol...I have no idea bout' that beeping noise or where it came from. What I'm going to do is re-record this, yes, for a 3rd time..lol, Because I'm not happy with this one. I don't want to delete it because of member comment's...

Thanks Conner, Max
#7June 9th, 2011 · 05:10 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
flyer,

if all the tracks are in the middle, how can it be stereo? if they're in the middle, then it's mono because both channels are outputting the same thing.  it's like recording with a mono mic to a stereo audio file and calling stereo when it clearly isn't.
#8June 9th, 2011 · 05:35 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I undestand what you're saying, Conner. Mono is everything coming from one ch. right or left. The recording is in stereo. The difference is that its all in the middle which gives it that mono touch.I'm going to re record that tune & pan it...Like ULI says...it's fake mono..lol
#9June 9th, 2011 · 06:05 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
You sound like a real "Western country aboriginal " . No knickknack, no curlicue. Just a man, his "egg cutter" and his lil shaky voice.    I´m not a real country fan, but you´re absolutely original.

The parts when your vox appear doubled, you can put one to the left, the otherone to the right and the git spread far out over both channels. Some EQing to correct relevant freqs, some  discreet compression :
et voilà .
You will be astonished about the result. I´m sure.

test.....test.......test.......one...two.............one..two........test.......test........test...............check
Flyer on stage............
U,L,I,
#10June 9th, 2011 · 07:22 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
definitely
Thanks ULI...I'm bout' to post a 3rd version...The technical part of this is my weak point. I have a hard time at time's..I hope the 3rd, and definitely the last, recording is okay...It's funny how this simple song (I THOUGHT) would be a breeze...turned out to be an all day project!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 1:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.