#1May 31st, 2011 · 05:00 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Always There V1

This song is not in a battle

I forgot how much fun it was to play some good ol' Rock & Roll, and it's been a long time .
This is a rough mix, will be adding Vox next week.
My friend who wrote the lyrics asked if I could add a vocal Echo effect right at the end, hence there is a long note on the Hammond B4

It's great you are never too old to Rock and Roll and I like it, like it yes I do (Stones)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 1st, 2011 · 04:02 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hui !      Laut! 
ELO meet Stones strengthened by Status Quo . I didn´t know yet your identity as a ´Roch´n Roller` in  leather jacket, dark sun glasses and a mean & evil expression on ya face. Just lacking a "Big-bullrider-Harley-bike-monster" between ya legs.     
Yo, Denis, you play some proper, high energetic R&R, man. Totally surprised. I´m not much in R&R usually, but when I started listening my feet began tapping immediately and a smile ´occupied`my face.

Also I must say that you´re learning really fast the usage of ´cubase`. With every upload one can hear that you´re understanding better and better what you´re doing. Respect.
And I see the ´cubase`making you hyperactive and inspired.      The block is overcome !
I´m waiting for V2 couriously.  ......."Always here"................
U . L . I .
#3June 1st, 2011 · 08:30 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Hui !      Laut! 
ELO meet Stones strengthened by Status Quo . I didn�t know yet your identity as a �Roch�n Roller` in  leather jacket, dark sun glasses and a mean & evil expression on ya face. Just lacking a "Big-bullrider-Harley-bike-monster" between ya legs.     
Yo, Denis, you play some proper, high energetic R&R, man. Totally surprised. I�m not much in R&R usually, but when I started listening my feet began tapping immediately and a smile �occupied`my face.

Also I must say that you�re learning really fast the usage of �cubase`. With every upload one can hear that you�re understanding better and better what you�re doing. Respect.
And I see the �cubase`making you hyperactive and inspired.      The block is overcome !
I�m waiting for V2 couriously.  ......."Always here"................
U . L . I .

Cheers U.L.I 
Yes energetic, not bad for an old timer eh.. I've even got a blister on my finger after doing the Bass, man I love the Bass tone  (Line 6 pod Rock preset) put through a Studio Channel SC-226 plug-in tube pre-amp, it might be a little heavy, hence I've not touch any EQ yet, and I may need to tweak the levels and pan once I've added the vox.
I have learned compression works better on 'inserts' rather than 'sends' as it uses 100% of the effect plus you can set different settings for each channel, hence on the 'sends', you have to keep the same ratio for each channel, so OK for reverb, chorus etc.
Cubase is King, I can't believe the production quality.
#4June 1st, 2011 · 03:20 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Nice man, you should put some vocals in it!! Like the sound!
#5June 2nd, 2011 · 04:53 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MrBenPablo wrote…
Nice man, you should put some vocals in it!! Like the sound!
Vocals will be laid down next week
Cheers
#6June 7th, 2011 · 09:02 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Love this stuff Denis...Do you have lyrics...Vocals?
This has the old school sound, which I like a lot.
Great sound on the synth....
Overall good recording but, you always have a top notch sound. It's expected from you...

Good rating
#7June 7th, 2011 · 10:24 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: .
FLYER7747 wrote…
Love this stuff Denis...Do you have lyrics...Vocals?
This has the old school sound, which I like a lot.
Great sound on the synth....
Overall good recording but, you always have a top notch sound. It's expected from you...

Good rating

I've just uploaded V2 - Vox
Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.