#1May 21st, 2011 · 05:40 PM
34 threads / 18 songs
68 posts
Denmark
Could you love me?

This song is not in a battle

It's still a demo, thats why there may be some mistakes, both guitar and vocal wise.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 22nd, 2011 · 04:31 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
My first impression was : " Oh no, not again this chord progression. I´ve heard it to often. It´s worn-out"
My second impression was: "Ok, he´s got a nice voice." What to with these two different facts?

Here some suggestions from my side :
At first change a lil the composition-structure (chords). This can make your song more originally yours.
Try to add one or two parts to make the song more varied.

An important detail: When you´r singing it will be better if you use a "Ploppfilter" .
This avoids the hard hits on the mic / recording when you sing hard consonants as a "p" or "t" or so.
About mixing : try out some ´dynamic-tools´ (compressor, expander, limiter etc) on your recording and the stereo-mix.
This song starts quite low (I leveled the vol. up). Then it becomes too loud ( leveling down again).
When you use a compessor on the stereo-sum the overall level will be more constant.
That´s what I can say at the moment.
Keep it up
U . L .  I .
#3May 22nd, 2011 · 04:54 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I second the vocal, nice job - You can make your own pop filter with a wire coat hanger and ladies tights, I use one myself, it's very effective.  Once you have it set-up experiment with the distance from the mic, I sense if you got closer it would sound better.  as a general rule vocals should be around 3 to 4 inches from the mic.

The progression is OK, but try to create a different picking sequence to make it more unique.

When the rhythm picks up the drum rhythm does not fit imo, if you want to keep the rock feel perhaps put some over driven guitar, or keep the acoustic and change the drum kit to a jazz/fusion kit.

It would cut through better with less reverb, again the general rule is to turn up the settings form zero until you start to hear it take effect, then fine tune it - Many of my early songs had too much reverb, it's very noticeable when I compare it with most recent compositions.

It's got potential, I like it
#4May 22nd, 2011 · 07:13 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Got me first thinking of Angie by RS then it sounded like "Since I've been loving you" by LZ.
Still sounds like LZ
 ... long and airy then a short burst at the end.
Keep on working at it
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.