#1April 26th, 2011 · 05:28 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
SPRING

This song is not in a battle

The sun has been shining all week up to and including Easter in London - warm too.
Everybody Loves The Sunshine (Roy Ayers song I think) - great track too.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter.

CHEERS

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 27th, 2011 · 03:20 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Wow, you did a huge step forward with this "easter-rabbit-love-song". You´ve delivered a very good jazz track recorded absolutely sane. Every instrument is clearly audible and well panned.
The bass builds a solid fundament, the gits are sounding delicious, smooth and creamy.Mmmmmhhh.
I think it´s ready to be played on "blue note".
Well done, matey.....
U . L . I .
#3April 27th, 2011 · 07:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Wow, you did a huge step forward with this "easter-rabbit-love-song". You�ve delivered a very good jazz track recorded absolutely sane. Every instrument is clearly audible and well panned.
The bass builds a solid fundament, the gits are sounding delicious, smooth and creamy.Mmmmmhhh.
I think it�s ready to be played on "blue note".
Well done, matey.....
U . L . I .

I think if my memory serves me correctly, you have a Yamaha AW1600, similar to my AW16g
I recorded the rhythm guitar on two tracks, on track one I went into edit>pitch shift, -1cents, then on track two edir>pitch shift, +1 cent, panned the tracks to  9 o'clock and 3 o'clock. This creates a stereo field and gives a similar effect to chorus. Mind you, when I did it initially 8 cents +/-, which was way too much, then tried to re-convert it, so I'm not sure if in this recording it actually converted it correctly, needless to say, if you are going to try it, start at 1 cent. You can also use this effect on vocals to beef them up, except you pan the channells the same

I thought perhaps the bass guitar tone was a bit heavy, it sounds great on headphones, but on a Hi-Fi system it drowns the drums.

The sun is still shinning today - I  it..
#4April 27th, 2011 · 10:33 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Here in toronto the sun has not shined yet!  It has rained ALL april, and even snowed and hailed at times!

Anyways thx for this one denis
Your comment of bass is all too true.  I find Bass guitar is so hard to mix to sound good on all systems.  On headphones it might sound sweet and rumbly but then if you play it on a regular stereo amp it just sounds muddy and ruin the speakers lol
#5April 27th, 2011 · 10:56 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
thebigguyconnor wrote…
Here in toronto the sun has not shined yet!  It has rained ALL april, and even snowed and hailed at times!

Anyways thx for this one denis
Your comment of bass is all too true.  I find Bass guitar is so hard to mix to sound good on all systems.  On headphones it might sound sweet and rumbly but then if you play it on a regular stereo amp it just sounds muddy and ruin the speakers lol

It was a rush mix down job, it was getting late, my Mrs was actually in bed when when I uploaded it, so yeah I did the mixdown on headphones
I may do another version with Sax, but will do a proper mix soon.
I was too keen to share it...lol - Would you believe it's been over 5 months since I recorded a new song, It took me a while to remember my recording knowledge. I'm either getting old or just out of practice.

I'm very happy with the lead Guitar sound, good balance, and cuts through nice, even the thick Bass
#6April 27th, 2011 · 02:08 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…
Wow, you did a huge step forward with this "easter-rabbit-love-song". You�ve delivered a very good jazz track recorded absolutely sane. Every instrument is clearly audible and well panned.
Well done, matey.....
U . L . I .

I thought perhaps the bass guitar tone was a bit heavy, it sounds great on headphones, but on a Hi-Fi system it drowns the drums.

In the morning today I listened to this quite low and didn´t notice the bass problem. Now I listened louder and agree to you both . Some corrections are needed. But the rest of the mix seems to be fine.
Denis wrote :"I think if my memory serves me correctly, you have a Yamaha AW1600, similar to my AW16g

Ya memory works still fine. "
The double layered gits sound good. I thought you´ve used FM effect or so, but you used the "pitch function". I´ve never used the "pitch function" before.
It always a challenge to play layered tracks cuz it´s hard  playing synchronously.
I did it with a git solo in the middle of "Black keys". Right channel I played the Ibanez "Artcore" semi clean.
And the left I played the Ibanez "SA Strat"  a lil crunchy.
This makes a nice solo sound. I dunno if many listeners noticed that

"Fast mix" : Take time with your mastering jobs . Don´t rush . Take a few days , take a week. A mix needs to grow as well as the composing or recording . It´s one of the most important production steps.

Denis wrote"Would you believe it's been over 5 months since I recorded a new song, It took me a while to remember my recording knowledge. I'm either getting old or just out of practice."

Yeah , I can comprehend very well. I did my last production last summer (Electronaut). lazy ole bugger
Everything has it´s time.......................now it´s time to end...................huuuuh.......long post
cya
U . L . I .
#7April 27th, 2011 · 03:10 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…
Well done, matey.....
U . L . I .

In the morning today I listened to this quite low and didn�t notice the bass problem. Now I listened louder and agree to you both . Some corrections are needed. But the rest of the mix seems to be fine.
Denis wrote :"I think if my memory serves me correctly, you have a Yamaha AW1600, similar to my AW16g

The double layered gits sound good. I thought you�ve used FM effect or so, but you used the "pitch function". I�ve never used the "pitch function" before.
It always a challenge to play layered tracks cuz it�s hard  playing synchronously.
I did it with a git solo in the middle of "Just for fun". Right channel I played the Ibanez "Artcore" semi clean.

"Fast mix" : Take time with your mastering jobs . Don�t rush . Take a few days , take a week. A mix needs to grow as well as the composing or recording . It�s one of the most important production steps.

Denis wrote"Would you believe it's been over 5 months since I recorded a new song, It took me a while to remember my recording knowledge. I'm either getting old or just out of practice."

Yeah , I can comprehend very well. I did my last production last summer (Electronaut). lazy ole bugger
Everything has it�s time.......................now it�s time to end...................huuuuh.......long post
cya
U . L . I .

What is FM effect?

Yes I only know too well FAST MIX is a 
However,  I got one tip from an artists who has written in access of over 1000 compositions, produced to a high standard - the tip is:
MASTER AS YOU GO - so until you get the right sound in the first place - don't record it until you are happy with the sound - then it's just minor tweaks - Well I did the first part - It just needs minor tweaks - Also I used FL limiter, Not the best, I normally use Adobe Audition. I've recently got access to Cubase, and a few plug-ins which have been well rated - Yeah I need to CRACK-ON and experiment.

CHEERS
#8April 28th, 2011 · 02:08 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…
Denis wrote…
ULI wrote…
Well done, matey.....
U . L . I .

In the morning today I listened to this quite low and didn�t notice the bass problem. Now I listened louder and agree to you both . Some corrections are needed. But the rest of the mix seems to be fine.

The double layered gits sound good. I thought you�ve used FM effect or so, but you used the "pitch function". I�ve never used the "pitch function" before.
It always a challenge to play layered tracks cuz it�s hard  playing synchronously.
I did it with a git solo in the middle of "Just for fun". Right channel I played the Ibanez "Artcore" semi clean.

"Fast mix" : Take time with your mastering jobs . Don�t rush . Take a few days , take a week. A mix needs to grow as well as the composing or recording . It�s one of the most important production steps.

Everything has it�s time.......................now it�s time to end...................huuuuh.......long post
cya
U . L . I .

What is FM effect?
Oh! sorry !
FM effect means "Freqency modulated" effect like a Chorus or Flanger. Other than AM (amplitude modulated) effects as Vibrato or Leslie.
#9April 28th, 2011 · 03:59 AM
5 threads
24 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Oh! sorry !
FM effect means "Freqency modulated" effect like a Chorus or Flanger. Other than AM (amplitude modulated) effects as Vibrato or Leslie.

Actually, I think Leslies add a bit of FM as well.
#10April 28th, 2011 · 02:15 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheUrbanBassman wrote…
ULI wrote…
Oh! sorry !

Actually, I think Leslies add a bit of FM as well.

You can hear a demonstration of the Hammond Leslie here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_speaker  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 2:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.