#1July 31st, 2005 · 06:45 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Canada
Good For You

This song is not in a battle

Done with a Hamer, a chorus pedal, a $10 mic, some drum loops, and ACID.

Just found the site and wanted to share something. This is kind of an emo song I recorded back in high school. The quality isn't the greatest, and I'm self-taught on both guitar and vocals, but hopefully there's something there.

(My actual musical training is on Piano...)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 1st, 2005 · 01:55 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
Germany
I think the guitar line is a good base for a song like this, but the melody the voice sings is (sorry) just nothing special. Another thing is the chorus, it's easy to remember that's good but if it is played too often it's exhausting to listen any longer...
#3August 1st, 2005 · 03:26 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
It's really not bad, the guitars sound good, only the voice yes, is not really special... well I quite like the song
#4August 1st, 2005 · 04:12 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
aww its nice, but like someone said to me before about my songs, the vocals sound a bit 'dead'.
the music really nice.
to be honest,  i think all this song needs is a different singer. But you've done real good!
#5August 1st, 2005 · 01:36 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Chilled song, I like it I agree that the vocals need some work though. I'd invest in a better mic, and use some compression plugins. I do agree that a different singer would help too - or something from Antares :P
#6August 1st, 2005 · 01:42 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
nice melody but vocals definitly need to be improved. lack of feelings at singing
#7August 1st, 2005 · 04:36 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Canada
Thanks for the feedback, folks.

I think part of the difficulty with the voice is that's it's recorded at barely above a whisper and then amped up to match the backing. I don't have the confidence to really belt it unless I'm actually playing the instrument and making some noise to cover myself up. (for example, I've heard recordings of myself singing and playing piano at Church, and I think it's a much fuller sound.)

So yeah, thanks again for the input.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.