1 2

#1April 19th, 2011 · 11:34 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Tek-No

This song is not in a battle

I donīt like techno music notably .
Always the same - sorry - stupid beats , chords , melodies , sounds , arrangements .  20 yrs of musically stagnation . No development , no external influences . A boring genre in my ears .
So I messed around a lil bit with techno / house beats & elements and added some "natural" instruments (synth), small git pickings , countering rock leads and a lot of funny ideas.
For me itīs a bit like a "persiflage" or " satire" . Not too serious..
Comments appreciated
Enjoy

My album "Electronaut" is distibuted on "jamendo.com" http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/101206?refuid=978926 under CC-by-nc-sa 3.0 license for free download.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 21st, 2011 · 03:15 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listening .... it's too classic , and it's 'pleasant' !  

Technos sharper all round. Though I do think if you would tweak/effect/squeeze/stretch/distort/do anything to the clean midi sounds you have you'd get closer to the real thing ....
I do love the sound of shit kikin techno and screaming guitars !
#3April 21st, 2011 · 03:29 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It's sort of got an ABBA feel to it
ABBA TEKNO
Sounds like you had fun
#4April 27th, 2011 · 03:30 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
"Abba tekno"!?! Haha, seems Iīve invented a new music genre .    What do I want more
Tnx guys for listening this īshit kickinīstuff ` and your comments. .
U . L . I .
#5May 6th, 2011 · 07:33 PM
5 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
Good start here. Needs "filling out", In my opinion. Some creative usage of reverb to add some depth wouldnt hurt either... 
#6May 7th, 2011 · 05:37 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Tek-No
ULI wrote…
I donīt like techno music notably .
Always the same - sorry - stupid beats , chords , melodies , sounds , arrangements .  20 yrs of musically stagnation . No development , no external influences . A boring genre in my ears .
So I messed around a lil bit with techno / house beats & elements and added some "natural" instruments (synth), small git pickings , countering rock leads and a lot of funny ideas.
For me itīs a bit like a "persiflage" or " satire" . Not too serious..
Comments appreciated
Enjoy

U . L . I .

''PERSIFLAGE'' ..... a word we used to laff about in 6th form cos i think monty python used it.

u prove u can mix this stuff up.......

so please do another

hints of mike oldfield floggin a riff haha

more

fishy fish
#7May 11th, 2011 · 06:03 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
re: re: Tek-No
swordfish wrote…
''PERSIFLAGE'' ..... a word we used to laff about in 6th form cos i think monty python used it.

u prove u can mix this stuff up.......

so please do another

hints of mike oldfield floggin a riff haha

more

fishy fish
"Always look on the bright side of life.....dumm, didumm........didumm, didumm, didumm"
Love to see the different associations & impressions of different listeners.
Abba , Mike Oldfield................Monty Python....
I know, itīs not real techno at all, not real rock , not real classic, not real something else.
All I can say is : Itīs a real "U.L.I.".  Patchwork of elements.
Thatīs why I didnīt use the typical effects of techno / trance / d&b-styles like special reverb / delay usage.
I fear, that it would make the track "overloaded" somehow.
@ Swordie : good to see your comments again around here. I tried to translate your review understandably by myself, the google translator and bablefish. But we all,  me and the machines, failed.  Couldnīt translate sensefully. Please think to all the "english-language-dyslexics" as I am.
"Spaceship to Houston..........?........Spaceship to Houston...........?......."
#8May 11th, 2011 · 12:42 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
hate it! so thats well done! aint no tech lover here too :p
love the arrangement, well performed, nice mix,
love that ULI style
#9May 15th, 2011 · 06:58 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
And now Germany with
Oh yeah
With the creative  arrangement / beat friendly feel plus subtext cultural heritage ...ref vintage synths etc.   
After what I saw last night
Tek No  could be a serious player in  Eurovision 2012
In fact with singers/ dancers and that hi tek big screen  bg presentation

I smell a winner 
Thanks 4 posting
greg
#10May 16th, 2011 · 05:34 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
re: And now Germany with
yokoinc wrote…
Oh yeah
With the creative  arrangement / beat friendly feel plus subtext cultural heritage ...ref vintage synths etc.   
After what I saw last night
Tek No  could be a serious player in  Eurovision 2012
In fact with singers/ dancers and that hi tek big screen  bg presentation

I smell a winner 
Thanks 4 posting
greg
First of all Iīd like to say that Iīm happy to hear from you again after that terrible catastrophe in Japan. Hope ya family if also fine.
Eurovision 2012 , he ??   Instead īlovely Lena` with "taken by a stranger" next year a  doter named U . L . I . with
"waken by a strange one "-Tek-No opera!?!? ........haha.....great idea, dude.....and dancers in funny, silver sperm-costumes...
12 points from Aserbaidschan.........yo

Thank you , Max for the listen. Appreciate it.
U . L . I .
#11June 6th, 2011 · 12:19 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
This is totally hilarious.

For some reason I really want to hear this with compression pumping.  Anyways I love it!
#12June 10th, 2011 · 07:26 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I've been listening to a few of your tracks. I'm impressed with your ability. from the music to the mixing..etc..
Everything is well balance and has a good clean & crisp sound..I think we all would love to be able to have amazing tracks like so...I KNOW I WOULD !!!  LOL...I'm liking your work, ULI

nice rating
#13June 19th, 2011 · 01:52 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Flyer7747 wrote…
I think we all would love to be able to have amazing tracks like so..
Tnx a lot Ralph, too much of honor to me. Hereīs a lot of guys who can do better. And they do know their gear better.
But Iīm happy that you guys like the results of my bumling attempts to bring my music into a decnt form.

@ bigguy:
"Pump up the volume, pump it now, pump it here. Pump it , pump it, pump it........"     

U.L.I.
#14June 22nd, 2011 · 02:17 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I just don't know what I've just listened to, but I kinda like it.
It's a really interesting sound and blending of styles. There are some Jarre and Vangelis elements on it. The rest is undefinable... pure ULI, I guess.
Nice work, man!

> Iszil
#15September 5th, 2011 · 12:08 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Tnx, Isi for taking a listen to an undefinable piece.  

Btw, didnīt hear from you since this post. Hope youīre fine and that your album is as successful as you hoped.
Are you working on something new.? If yes, let us hear, please.

U.L.I.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 11:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.