#1July 31st, 2005 · 12:46 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Canada
Feedback

This song is not in a battle

Well this is our bands first major song that we all don't hate. We had a problem with the drums being much louder than we would have liked, they overshadow a lot of the music in parts, we are atempting to fix it. This was recorded in our singers basement with a video camera aimed at the floor, enjoy kids. And remember any criticism is good criticism as long as it's constructive!

I've listend to a lot of the stuff on here and I know we're pretty out of our league, but it's still worth a shot to see what some of you think.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 31st, 2005 · 03:15 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
This sounds pretty cool, your timing is pretty good and nothing about the performance seems bad to me. My only gripe would be that it is a bit repetitive because the verse guitar is the same as the chorus?

Good stuff. If you like I can have a go at mastering it tommorow, try and improve the drum problem. Can't promise alot though - they are pretty prominent.

Anyway, sleep time for me...I look forward to hearing more from you guys.

Later...
#3September 10th, 2005 · 09:03 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United States of America
I read about your drum issues and decided to listen to your music to understand what exactly funk-based alternative was. After hearing your song and realizing by now you have probably already bought the set, make sure the snare drum is rather tight (Less room to echo) and the bass drum is rather lose (more obvious for the rhythm). This, hopefully, will give you a sound for what you are playing.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 7:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.