#1March 6th, 2011 · 04:38 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Blues Illusion

This song is not in a battle

no need to say its nothing pretentious, neither perfect, nore beautifull...
but it was FUN
I like to offer anyone to ask me the backing tracks anyhow you want them, and jam around !
love to hear it when your done
btw, i dont play piano, my fingers just do 'something', well for guitar its the same :P
2 piano's, 2 organs, 1 moog and 3 guitars, and tnx to EZ drummer a real shuffle

Noodling Time!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 7th, 2011 · 02:56 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Just needs vox in a blusey style,  I'd remove the Piano, The Hammond is nice.
Oh and work on the end

I bet you have a few more like this, don't by shy, upload them, or even suggets a collab
#3March 7th, 2011 · 04:17 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Denis wrote…
Just needs vox in a blusey style,  I'd remove the Piano, The Hammond is nice.
Oh and work on the end

I bet you have a few more like this, don't by shy, upload them, or even suggets a collab

well , it is made for practising piano and guitar, and the end is far from near.
About collab? anyone is invited to ask for any of the backingtracks,
and indeed i do have 8 other versions you dont want to hear, trust me :p
tnx for responding denis, i wish i had your discipline and you had my creativity (at the moment) 
#4March 7th, 2011 · 07:23 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Nice exercise in a minor-chord blues. It sounds like it was created to give you some practice on the various instruments (the instruments almost clash as they compete for attention. This can get a little distracting, but on the other hand maybe there's a place for raucous blues!). You do squeeze out some righteous guitar runs during this thing. You obviously have something to say, know what I mean?
#5March 7th, 2011 · 07:52 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
yeah its messy    I hope to upload a progressed constructive build harmonically exciting version one day so we all can be proud of me.

it would help if i knew what i want to say i guess.., but i dont have a clue.

#6March 8th, 2011 · 02:24 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
In another threat you wrote :
"so its nót me alone , and thats why i end up with all those noodles. LOL
Anyway, when i get stuck in the creative process i tend to put down any instrument and and start humming or whistling for a melody, so something else comes out then my fingers already know, i just got this as a tip myself once and it helps me.
but who need advice from 'sir Dabble-a-lot'

There´s no universal way to create music . Everyone has found his own way to compose .
When I started I did similar like you did it on this piece : I packed a lot of stuff into every single track ´til the point of "overload" . My pieces were 10 , 12 , 14 min. long . I had "a lot to say " at this time .   
After a while I realized that less is more  and began to concentrate to what I´d like to express and bringing it into an "understandable" form ..
Seems you have many ideas , scetches , "daddles", spots and ´blueprints`inya mind . You just gottta find the
right elements and extract ´em into a logical  order .
When you´re working on a part of a piece ( f.e. a git solo ) don´t be satisfied with ya first attempt / record .
Be only satisfied when you´re thinking it´s perfect .(in your ears)
If it needs 20 takes to perfection it will need 20 takes . And when it needs 40 takes play it 40 times .
Record in sequences . 8 measures here , 16 measures there . So you´ve always the option to change or re-record something .
Hope this helps to find your way to compose .
Keep daddling 
U . L . I .
#7March 10th, 2011 · 08:40 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
battlecat wrote…
Nice exercise in a minor-chord blues. It sounds like it was created to give you some practice on the various instruments (the instruments almost clash as they compete for attention. This can get a little distracting, but on the other hand maybe there's a place for raucous blues!). You do squeeze out some righteous guitar runs during this thing. You obviously have something to say, know what I mean?

actually you made me thinking about with your minor-chord remark.., so i checked.
I played minor on piano's, but the guitar is playing a major scale,and the organ is playing Em Am Bmajor same time.
Now..,is this what we call bluesy or is it just wrong?? i think its allowed to solo with major and minor changes but both  chords same time?
:p
anyone?
#8March 10th, 2011 · 08:55 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
ULI wrote…
In another threat you wrote :
"so its nót me alone , and thats why i end up with all those noodles. LOL
Anyway, when i get stuck in the creative process i tend to put down any instrument and and start humming or whistling for a melody, so something else comes out then my fingers already know, i just got this as a tip myself once and it helps me.
but who need advice from 'sir Dabble-a-lot'

There´s no universal way to create music . Everyone has found his own way to compose .
When I started I did similar like you did it on this piece : I packed a lot of stuff into every single track ´til the point of "overload" . My pieces were 10 , 12 , 14 min. long . I had "a lot to say " at this time .   
After a while I realized that less is more  and began to concentrate to what I´d like to express and bringing it into an "understandable" form ..
Seems you have many ideas , scetches , "daddles", spots and ´blueprints`inya mind . You just gottta find the
right elements and extract ´em into a logical  order .
When you´re working on a part of a piece ( f.e. a git solo ) don´t be satisfied with ya first attempt / record .
Be only satisfied when you´re thinking it´s perfect .(in your ears)
If it needs 20 takes to perfection it will need 20 takes . And when it needs 40 takes play it 40 times .
Record in sequences . 8 measures here , 16 measures there . So you´ve always the option to change or re-record something .
Hope this helps to find your way to compose .
Keep daddling 
U . L . I .

actually i sort of did work like that ULI, except for rehearsing 20 times. just waay too many time between sessions, and a huge lack of discipline in between 'm, but i know the routine.
ever heard my bandsongs?
I am not creating a song here , i am practising playing.recording.editing.mixing.havingfun
after quite along while

but tnx much for comments, always useful from your side
#9March 10th, 2011 · 09:03 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
MaxdB wrote…
battlecat wrote…

actually you made me thinking about with your minor-chord remark.., so i checked.
I played minor on piano's, but the guitar is playing a major scale,and the organ is playing Em Am Bmajor same time.
Now..,is this what we call bluesy or is it just wrong?? i think its allowed to solo with major and minor changes but both  chords same time?
:p
anyone?
I thought I detected a bit of dissonance. There is some definite dissonance between the Minor chord work in the piano and organ and the major scale work on the rhythm guitar (Bass?) To be honest it is a little distracting.(it sounds like two different tunes are being played at the same time). What I might suggest is to do a very similar rhythm guitar pattern but use a minor scale instead. The guitar lead work sounds fine to me (in fact in most places you're using minor scales in both the guitar and piano leads) I believe it works to use a minor scale lead pattern over a major scale chord pattern in blues, but not the other way around.
#10March 27th, 2011 · 09:49 PM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
love the blues flow
I love the jam and the porduction quality is ecxellent
#11March 30th, 2011 · 06:56 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
battlecat wrote…
I thought I detected a bit of dissonance. There is some definite dissonance between the Minor chord work in the piano and organ and the major scale work on the rhythm guitar (Bass?) To be honest it is a little distracting.(it sounds like two different tunes are being played at the same time). What I might suggest is to do a very similar rhythm guitar pattern but use a minor scale instead. The guitar lead work sounds fine to me (in fact in most places you're using minor scales in both the guitar and piano leads) I believe it works to use a minor scale lead pattern over a major scale chord pattern in blues, but not the other way around.

hey battlecat, i seemed to have missed this post till now. Tnx for input, i know now where it went wrong, you are absolutely right.
the rhytm guitar is doing a major riff and i followed that with the bass here and there, so the minor piano chords must be the problem ao.
And so i learned something

tnx  srm2888
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.