#1February 20th, 2011 · 07:58 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Little Melanie

This song is not in a battle

Hey Ampers,   Its been a while since I uploaded anything so I found this recording of a song I co-wrote and recorded live with some friends long ago. It is live, recorded just after it was written so its not the greatest quality  but I think its still a killer song. Just wanted to share.  Hope you like,,,,,,Skunky the Ape

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 21st, 2011 · 01:00 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Yeah, the quality is not great but it still sounds decent enough.
Sound pretty 80-ish. It kind of reminded me of Journey and Asia. I actually think that with a proper recording and production this would've been a hit on the radios during the 80s.
Nice song, Ape. See if you can record it professionally now.

> Iszil
#3February 21st, 2011 · 10:38 AM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Hey Iz..  Actually trying to get a new band together with the main co-writer of this song.  We had got together round 2002 in an old closed hotel room we had set up as a recording studio. We wrote 6 or more really good songs together.   I think it was a very productive time. One of those collaborations that just click.  He'd come in with a chorus idea or a guitar lick and would inspire me to write more lyrics resulting in just about 1 new song every night,  sometimes in less than an hour. The band I'm in right now is into cover tunes and has little interest in original material and original music is kind of my thing so..........
#4February 21st, 2011 · 12:53 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yeah this a good hook track...Indeed very 80s and a good one Ill shall say!..Good luck with the new band!!!
#5February 21st, 2011 · 04:51 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah I like this song, nice lyric content too. Indeed not the best production quality but what gives. Needs a slamming solo there - not just riffing, no matter how cool it is Good job, I hope you'll get that band off the ground, would like to hear more of this. Cheers!
#6February 21st, 2011 · 08:27 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Little Melanie
SkunkApe wrote…
Hey Ampers,   Its been a while since I uploaded anything so I found this recording of a song I co-wrote and recorded live with some friends long ago. It is live, recorded just after it was written so its not the greatest quality  but I think its still a killer song. Just wanted to share.  Hope you like,,,,,,Skunky the Ape

PIRATE RADIO CASSETTE????

Fun!!!

Back room in BLYTH??????

They love this kinda stuff up there HAHA          

BEST WISHES

Geordie Fish
#7February 22nd, 2011 · 04:31 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Some good ideas on thisone . Git riffing is too repetitive , tiring out . Some alternations would loosen up the structures and save from boredom .
I think , this song is worth to be reworked /rerecorded . Much potential .
U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 12:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.