#1February 3rd, 2011 · 11:02 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
Black Car - Draft 2
In collaboration with: Tyler Howe, Rob Romaine

This song is not in a battle

Another same day track and mix. Working and planning songs is not my forte.

This song was recorded in my room with 2 XY stereo (cheap and unmatched to my dismay) half way across the room lining down the bass drum and snare, with a MXL 992 on the acoustic in the corner of the room, and a SM57 on the guitar amp.

Any questions? Please tear this one up! We're rewriting and, since I just moved, setting up a new and improved studio to record in. New (and hopefully final version) coming later.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 4th, 2011 · 10:31 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Sound quite good, but I'm not sure about the guitra amp sound - I just dont like it. Maybe it's the mic placement?

I do like your vocals though!! Suggestions:

- Althugh the singing is fine, I'd let go of holding it back when singing - this song deserves to be screamed out, with harsh overdrive on the vocals (think of mic pre settings - if you have a tube preapm it can easily be done). I mean, Robert Plant style.

- The deep reverb on the repeated part is just the idea! - how about some more of that reverb/delay effect and some additional vocals panned hard right / left in unisono to give it extra boost?

- How about an extra heavy (really thick and bassy) bass drum with some reverb behind the drums? I'm missing the bass freq here a bit

- maybe you can think of a middle8 for this song? would work just fine as a refresher for the listener

Looking forward to the finished version, will say more when I hear it.
#3February 4th, 2011 · 03:01 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds Like fun to me
Get out there and gig it
#4February 5th, 2011 · 04:42 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Excellent song.
I'm getting an Aerosmith flashback!
You've explained that it's going through the mangle again .... so give it all you've got.
It's just that the drums in this version sound like one of those wind up drumming bears.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 11:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.