#1February 3rd, 2011 · 03:20 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Remind

This song is not in a battle

Digged out this old track from ~ 2004 . One of the first ones I composed .
A fusion of  psy, funkrock , latin and "quizshow-trailer" . Donīt be confused about the beat again . Same as on my other "oldies".
Anyhow I hope you enjoy it a bit .
U . L . I .

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 3rd, 2011 · 09:24 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yeah this one is a little different....Im liking the funky stuff specially the gt riffing...Good show tx for the share...
#3February 3rd, 2011 · 02:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Like guitar and bass working the melodies together.
Unconventional panning, but it works

Would have liked to have heared a gut busting solo.

Outro Super
#4February 3rd, 2011 · 03:38 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Remind
ULI wrote…
Digged out this old track from ~ 2004 . One of the first ones I composed .
A fusion of  psy, funkrock , latin and "quizshow-trailer" . Donīt be confused about the beat again . Same as on my other "oldies".
Anyhow I hope you enjoy it a bit .
U . L . I .

funk my bisquit.............
its a bit of everything!!! haha
i like
u use loops fer some of this??

fish
#5February 7th, 2011 · 03:47 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
u use loops fer some of this??
Tnx guys for ya replies. Glad you liked it.
@ Swordie : No , I didnīt use any "machine-loops" but some drum parts I hammered in by keyboard which makes the drums a bit weird.
@ Denis : Not like on other tracks this time I did without a "busting git solo" in favour of synthsoli.

FUNK THE HUNK     

U . L . I .
#6February 22nd, 2011 · 01:09 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Lol.. "quizshow trailer" - is that a style ? but I get the reference. I'm always getting a plethora of associations with your tracks.. Maybe images from every 80s movie I've ever seen pop into my mind.. geez i wonder why

But that means it's cool, enjoyable, funky and 80s sounding. Since it's an old track I'm not gonna comment about overdoing / clogging the mix with too much stuff going on at once (there is, even if this particular track of yours is "quiet" by what I've heard from you so far).

Oh well ........... great stuff all in all!
#7March 10th, 2011 · 09:09 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
as fan of pumpin drums i have a hard time here  with listening, yet, 3th time was triple pleasure.  your creativity keeps surprising me, i like all the changes, styles and moods blending together i forget about the drums 
loved that guitar comin in the end, would have liked some more of that, but thats me and my needs again
good stuff
#8March 10th, 2011 · 09:40 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Maaaannnn you play some complex stuff! It's fascinating to listen to all the bits that are happening in the intro, but I really love that funky little guitar/bass/drum riff work that keep repeating, (I just keep wanting that to morph into a tune all it's own). I have listened to this several times, and each time I like the entire piece better (as I get accustomed to the loose structure of it...it's like I have to "get into the flow of it" because I'm still stuck into that "one theme per song" thing. Listening to your stuff might just broaden my musical tastes...)
#9March 11th, 2011 · 04:46 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Tnx so much , peops for all your positively reflections , your impressions and associacions , feelings and moods .
Iīve never been sure if I should load it up at all because itīs imperfectness . So , ya reviews are pretty surprising and pleasing me .

@ Rattlesnack , you wrote :Listening to your stuff might just broaden my musical tastes
You hit the dart exactly into the "bulleye" with that . To break structural norms and habits of the listeners (also my owns) - which needs his full attention - is my goal . Not producing exchangeable bulk articles . I wonīt produce  "passing - by -music" to be everybodyīs darling .
I knew , it will need a time until you commentors  - and a few other active guys Iīm communicating with constantly- will have recognised what makes me tick musically ............and mentaly   ..You got it  

Burn down egalitarianism & conformity .................at least in music

U . L . I .
#10March 12th, 2011 · 03:36 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
ULI wrote…
Burn down egalitarianism & conformity .................at least in music

U . L . I .

So you like Eftos then ?  

Your bass playing is lovely as usual, drums very midi and dry, sounds like a game music, or a track from a samples demo.
#11September 30th, 2011 · 03:22 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
drums very midi and dry, sounds like a game music, or a track from a samples demo
Yes, the beat was "handmade" on my old heyboard. I couldnīt use drum samples at this time, so I was forced to play them by hand. I should rework the beat to polish / enhance this track a bit. ..........if I werenīt that lazy.....

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.