6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
The Outlaw
In collaboration with: Tyler Howe, Rob Romaine
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 5 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2011-07

This is the first song in a new project we're working on. Surprisingly, this whole song was written in C because we had found a C harmonica earlier that day. ... so this whole song was written for the harmonica initally.

All parts were tracked. There are no softsynths in this song.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 3rd, 2011 · 02:55 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Like the organic feel, would have liked to have heard more group vocals.

Nice 
#3February 3rd, 2011 · 03:33 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
HI!!
And welcome to the amp......
this first song i catch by you......
love it !!!!!!!!!!!!
you sure can record well ........ so production many plusses++++
u multi trackin too?? ...... nice

more please

ivote this 90 + it fills the criteria well

http://about.bandamp.com/rating.html

WELLCOME & MORE PLEASE
#4February 3rd, 2011 · 04:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Listening...loving....one thing my searching mind comes up with....your vocalist should have had the harmonica close at hand all the way through......and kind of sung/played/blown the ends of some of his lines......would have given the whole thing an even greater edge. see.... down.... around....

Totally cool as it is, raw and real..... tom waits crossed with an unplugged zeppelin

Like the lyric a lot, they're sharp, to the point....

I shot her down
She was sleepin' around

LOL

As of now you have one more uploaded song.......off to listen...
#5February 3rd, 2011 · 10:15 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
Hey everyone! Thanks for the welcome and I'm glad to start off with some positive feedback!

I'm absolutely thrilled that you the words "raw", "organic", and "Tom Waits" were used to describe this piece That is EXACTLY what we were going for when we threw it all together. Organic was actually the word we decided to base these next few upcoming recording projects on.

@swordfish - we did track all -- I mean, we did mic everything you hear -- there are no unoriginal samples or softsynth material. While we do have an 8 input projectmix I/O to work with at the moment, for this song we only did a few different stereo configs... Oh, and thanks so much for the good word! We really appreciate it! =)

@Denis - Ha, regarding the group vocals, we had thought so too --- only in hindsight. Unfortunately, we wrote, recorded, and mastered this track all in the course of two days. We never really took the time to AB and wound up with some crucial artistic points struck from the mix.

Thanks guys!
#6February 4th, 2011 · 07:47 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
I love it but you could have included some drums.  A very natural sounding mix which I love with a good stereo spread so you can hear everything.  Great production.

I love the fact that you tracked everything you hear, I'm sure it feels good that you didn't use anything that you didn't create yourself.
#7February 6th, 2011 · 11:12 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Amazing indie-acoustic track! Cool blend of the harmonica, awesome arrangement for the song in general!

--XFactor--
#8June 23rd, 2011 · 11:08 AM
17 threads / 13 songs
40 posts
United States of America
Great song!
I love the sound off it being entirely acoustic.  The harmonica and just the overall recording is fantastic.  The song is great iwth a very nice style that I personally appreciate a lot.  Great job!
#9June 23rd, 2011 · 11:23 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
I hear a few notes and.....schwupps.........I´m in Louisiana with R. Plant who sings "Gallows Pole".
THIS has soul, man. "Mississippi-Delta-Soul".
Dunno what to say more. Great

U.L.I.

#10July 22nd, 2011 · 02:16 PM
5 threads
17 posts
United States of America
This stuff is great!  Kudos on the talent!!!!!    
#11July 23rd, 2011 · 09:14 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Good stuff, great recording, very live feel
Love the vocal harmonies.
Would raise the vox a bit, but only by changing the EQ (of course it may just be my speakers!)
Enjoyed listening.
#12July 23rd, 2011 · 08:59 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Ready for a intro of a western movie!!!
Like it, especially the chorus!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.