6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
ELS - Hidden Track
In collaboration with: Tyler Howe, Rob Romaine
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2011-02

Last song on a joke album we recorded 2 years ago in my bedroom converted studio. This is an instrumental piece.

The two guitars were tracked simultaneously with a MXL  992 on the 6-string acoustic and a 603S on the 12-string. For effect, these were hard panned respectively.

The hand drum was tracked with the 992 on the body of the acoustic guitar about 3 feet away. (I enjoyed the acoustic sound of the space we were in).

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 3rd, 2011 · 02:59 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
What is a MXL 992?, 603S?

With some more work, arrangement Etc, it would be a great composition

Keep working at it

Wlcome to bandAMP 
#3February 3rd, 2011 · 03:28 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: ELS - Hidden Track
Sarcasmics wrote…
Last song on a joke album we recorded 2 years ago in my bedroom converted studio. This is an instrumental piece.

The two guitars were tracked simultaneously with a MXL  992 on the 6-string acoustic and a 603S on the 12-string. For effect, these were hard panned respectively.

The hand drum was tracked with the 992 on the body of the acoustic guitar about 3 feet away. (I enjoyed the acoustic sound of the space we were in).

as work in progress ....... this is lovely...
wobbly sounds
a few no fit hamony 0:57ish  ...or a wheel falls off ?? but what the hell

nice ideas track

fish
#4February 3rd, 2011 · 04:17 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: ELS - Hidden Track
Wobbly ! Sounds like your wheel fell off at 0:57 ish ....... that's not a review for a song, that's someone reviewing a cart race!

Funny track, it's not the other song...or like it.
It's seems to get wobblier and wobblier, it started off pretty stable !
#5February 3rd, 2011 · 10:25 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
Yeah, this track was back when the two of us (see collab members) just fell out with the other two band members. (college) We had just finished an "album" we called "An Extraterrestrial Love Story" and decided last minute that we needed a live stupid polka-ish hidden track.

This song was actually used as the ending credits for some small campus movie that was made. You gotta love Creative Commons.

Thanks for comments though guys, really appreciated!

@Denis and Swordfish - haha, thanks you two, but I'm not sure this is ever getting rearranged. You ever have done one of those impromptu tracks you just lay down and then say, "Hey! This could be an interesting song one day!" but then never getting around to finishing it? Yeah, that's definitely this song.

@Denis - MXL 992 and 603S were the mics I used for this song. (I have a love hate relationship with that 992 -- this is the mic I use predominately for vocals, and I love it for that. But it colors the sound something terrible, so I always end up using on different instruments to preserve a small amount of sonic continuity)
#6February 4th, 2011 · 03:20 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hello there , new ampers !
I love  musicians with various , strange & crazy ideas . And you guys are . 3 tracks - 3 different styles .
Off mainstream this short track is hard to categorize / define . Surreal. Dizzy .
Would like to hear it in a worked out and longer version .
U . L . I .

#7February 4th, 2011 · 04:35 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sarcasmics wrote…
Yeah, this track was back when the two of us (see collab members) just fell out with the other two band members.
Looking at you avatar I see that a band fall-out where you guys are concerned can be quite a hectic experience !! 
#8February 4th, 2011 · 07:55 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Reminds me a lot of Wild Honey Pie off the white album, just in the feel and the vibrato guitars.  I thought it was a hilarious song:D .

I didn't hear any wobbly wheels or any wheels falling off at ALL for that matter during the song! 
#9February 13th, 2011 · 08:12 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
15 posts
United Kingdom
gR8 SoNg Work in progress
cfcmadjj12

#10February 22nd, 2011 · 12:55 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hmmm nice tastey sounding arrangement, very mellow yet fresh, something early morning without the hangover (whether that is possible, not sure - might be just hearsay).

Nice track all in all. Hope you managed to glue your wheel back on though.
#11April 23rd, 2011 · 05:30 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Like it, but I think you should make it more exiting?
but nice!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.