Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2011-02

Get that mudd off ya shoes

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 1st, 2011 · 06:46 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hello & welcome to the "amp"-site , Joao!
This is a nice tribal , ambience , psychedelic piece .  Interresting mix of traditional brazilian instruments & modern electronical influence . Bit hypnotic , meditative.   Vox effects are nice . Percs have a lil "Airto-Moreira-Feel". to me.   
Quality- & productionwise I guess there´s some potential to improve . Sadly the vox come slighly ´scratchy`and distorted into my ears . Also I can imagine the "big hits" of the drum lil more upfront .  More punch , hehe.
Listened a few times to get everything that happens , to get all the layers there .
This track has a magical , original & natural feel to me.   Like much. 
Dunno how you are recording , but I´m sure , if you´re gonna improve ya recording technique it might sound better more and more .
Good debut 
U.L.I.
#3February 3rd, 2011 · 12:15 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
22 posts
Japan
Interesting piece, good sounding, but so interesting that it's just out of my realm of appreciation. I think with a little work on production this could sound absolutely awesome. Keep up the good work.
#4February 23rd, 2011 · 09:52 AM
3 posts
Canada
great recording
the frequency final balance is really good but i think som percs is needed for more rythm
#5February 25th, 2011 · 12:06 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Listened to this before, but didn't know what to comment to it.

Now listening again, and thru headphones at that, so I'm hearing that the production value may not be sublime, but the style/arrangement is very original and there's some really cool effects in there like the vox loop-delay. Nice catchy sound keeps me listening, a nice psychedelic shimmering, loungy and exotic, yet more cafeine than cocktail. Cheers
#6February 26th, 2011 · 05:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is an excellent track. Love the rhythm.
You've got a fresh new song made with old clanky sounds lol

The sampled 'yodel' is a bit much, kicks in and drops out too sudden .... is probably meant to but it 'taints' the listening experience, because otherwise I was quite happy floating around in your funky bubble!
If it faded and paned around the four corners, or was a little more playful maybe it would do it's job better.

You want votes ? ..... you got votes 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.