#1January 12th, 2011 · 02:38 AM
14 threads / 13 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Wikileaks Anthem
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2011-02

"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."  ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1787.

Lyrics

There was a man who wrote the truth
about governments and war
But the truth exposed the liers
for the criminals they were
We should hunt him down and murder him
Some like sarah palin swore

Then the credit cards and paypal
and webhosts joined the fight
But they only cared for money
Not free speech or peoples rights
So they choose to please the powerful
Instead of freedom, truth or light

[Chorus]
So come on anonymous
bring down the walls
When knowledge is free
Humanity can stand tall

Well they say that your a traitor
But you are a hero to me
You risked your life and liberty
So the truth could be free
I wish you luck bradley manning
You were braver than me

Brave men died for their country
but the leaders didn't care
In their twisted lies and war games
these deaths were more than fair
now there's a site call wikileaks
That puts these secrets out to air

[Chorus]

With Julian Assange in jail
some think the fight is lost
But we won't give up easily
We want the truth at any cost
Some scandals don't just go away
Dirty laundry can't be tossed

[Chorus]

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 12th, 2011 · 02:52 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Like the Chorus, nice feel and energy, in fact would have liked to heard more in the arrangement, pretty much how you did it after lead solo, then make it shorter about 3 and a half mins or so.

Nice song, vox go out if tune quite a bit, more so at the first two verses.

Also like the rawness of it.

Would go down great at a live Gig

I've never liked Politics, I just don't trust the government - what a shame

VOTED - come on Ampers lets get our battles buzzing again, VOTE now
#3January 12th, 2011 · 06:11 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Superb chorus , classic.....historic.....if you can get a hand full of people to sing along in a "Give peace a chance" kind of way and stick it up on youTube.
It's seriously an excellent catchy 'now' chorus.

I find the 'Sarah Palin and Wickileaks' a bit too 'now' and somehow restrict the song.

If you really wanted this to be a 'hit' you'd sit down with your Jewish script writer and re form the verses a bit, just to get them 'in tune and flowing', make them a little simpler and lighter and easier to 'slip into' the listener.......because the chorus is a killa' !
#4January 12th, 2011 · 06:21 PM
14 threads / 13 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the input.
Denis: thanks for your superb analysis like always. I swear the vox isn't out of tune but 1 other person told me it might be too. So I'm guessing I probably should have Autotuned it. Not really sure why I didn't.

Kings: Thanks for the compliments and yeah the verses are sort of weird in that they are 6 and 12 lines instead of the normal 4 or 8. It sort of makes resolutions a little weird. I realize that putting current events into a song have the tendency to make it dated really fast. This was a chance I was willing to take though because in the case of a protest song even though it becomes dated it is a lot more relevant to specific topics which could give it more power now. It seems to be paying off a little bit. I have over 5000 views on youtube in about a week.

Its sort of a cool Music Video. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZUsj3yAM4
#5January 13th, 2011 · 12:21 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom

Cool Video
#6January 18th, 2011 · 03:47 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thats the great thing about music. you can express exactly how you feel and this is completely awesome. As roger waters would say: "Mother should I trust the government? No f-ing way!"

This song reminds me of bob dylan too. excellent job and great solo and great feel. 
#7February 1st, 2011 · 01:06 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
United States of America
Politicks
I like the music, however i personally am not a fan of music with politics. But i dig your expression man. the lyrics could use a little less-straightforwardness. if that makes sense. maybe i just like ambiguity too much. SWEET SOLO
#8February 23rd, 2011 · 09:49 AM
3 posts
Canada
Great !
This is a great trance song i especially like the delai fx on
#9February 25th, 2011 · 12:24 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
A song like of the minstrels of old, very narrative lyric, and indeed anthemic chorus - I like the message a lot (and has my full support ofc). Your instruments couldve been tuned better though - they are really off! So is your singing here and there waving over the edge. Otherwise really well written song, well played and well recorded, with a nice video to come with it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.